• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BRITS in BMW MOA

Did you consider 'clogger', or 'dickvandykefingerer'? :dunno

Been Dutchman for 53 years.....see no reason to change it now......:dunno

....and who gives a s**t about soccer scores......?:confused:

Yep it's not yet 4am & I'm just setting off for west coast of Scotland.....:wave

'Bye for now

Dutch

Been Dutchman for 53 years.....see no reason to change it now......:dunno

....and who gives a s**t about soccer scores......?:confused:

Dutch

Obviously someone does, I see there's an Arsenal thread started...it's still football by the way, what's with the soccer thing, are you trying to ingratiate yourself with the colonials?

My heartfelt sympathy

Having just watched my local news and hearing the rants of local protestors, I guess I need to let all you Brits know how sorry I feel for you and your wretched health care. How did you ever get it so screwed up?

Once again, I am so sorry.......

To the Canadian readers of this forum, I hear that the US has set-up medical aid stations at the border to deal with all the critical care patients that can't get care in Canada. You poor buggers, half of you can't speak English! I''m so glad America is here to take you in and show you the way. BTW, you do have cash or a good credit card, don't you?

Seriously, do you ever just fall down laughing at us Americans?

Having just watched my local news and hearing the rants of local protestors, I guess I need to let all you Brits know how sorry I feel for you and your wretched health care. How did you ever get it so screwed up?

Once again, I am so sorry.......

To the Canadian readers of this forum, I hear that the US has set-up medical aid stations at the border to deal with all the critical care patients that can't get care in Canada. You poor buggers, half of you can't speak English! I''m so glad America is here to take you in and show you the way. BTW, you do have cash or a good credit card, don't you?

Seriously, do you ever just fall down laughing at us Americans?

Seems we have a political posturing session going on in the UK and the NHS is the topic of choice. See what happens about this time of year, every year is all the Members of Parliament are let out amongst the general public, unsupervised by their party officials. The clever ones go on some junket holiday paid for by us, the tax payers. The not so bright ones, make statements to the press without getting them checked over first.
Having experienced both US and UK health services, here's what I think. One of them isn't as good as it thinks it is and the other one isn't as bad as it's made out to be. One suffers from propaganda hype, the other from propaganda condemnation. Depends where you stand politically...but I found the actual service levels of both to be uncannily similar...then again I could afford the insurance and only for my inoculations on the ride to S.America did I get to see the side of US medicine that insurance doesn't cover. So I didn't get a fluffy towel robe, but the needles were sharp and clean and the guy knew what he was doing and I didn't die.

Which system is the better...well if you come to the UK and fall ill, you will get the same treatment that I would. If I came to the US and didn't have the same cover of insurance that you have, then I wouldn't get what you get.
What you pay in medical insurance premiums, we pay in tax on fuel, which then goes towards medical costs. Our fuel is expensive, medical insurance isn't. You pay one way or another.

Do we fall over laughing at you guys?
I'm not sure there's too much that's funny, in a comedic sense.

Seems we have a political posturing session going on in the UK and the NHS is the topic of choice. See what happens about this time of year, every year is all the Members of Parliament are let out amongst the general public, unsupervised by their party officials. The clever ones go on some junket holiday paid for by us, the tax payers. The not so bright ones, make statements to the press without getting them checked over first.
Having experienced both US and UK health services, here's what I think. One of them isn't as good as it thinks it is and the other one isn't as bad as it's made out to be. One suffers from propaganda hype, the other from propaganda condemnation. Depends where you stand politically...but I found the actual service levels of both to be uncannily similar...then again I could afford the insurance and only for my inoculations on the ride to S.America did I get to see the side of US medicine that insurance doesn't cover. So I didn't get a fluffy towel robe, but the needles were sharp and clean and the guy knew what he was doing and I didn't die.

Which system is the better...well if you come to the UK and fall ill, you will get the same treatment that I would. If I came to the US and didn't have the same cover of insurance that you have, then I wouldn't get what you get.
What you pay in medical insurance premiums, we pay in tax on fuel, which then goes towards medical costs. Our fuel is expensive, medical insurance isn't. You pay one way or another.

Do we fall over laughing at you guys?
I'm not sure there's too much that's funny, in a comedic sense.

Charmingly tactful response.

By the way, I've had first-hand experience at watching someone trying to pay the discharge nurse at a London hospital. The nurse felt my buddy was "crazy as a Loon" when he tried to pay for the ER visit and drugs but, then she realized that we were Americans instead of Canadians and explained the system.

She sorta patted us on the head as she ushered us out the door.

Charmingly tactful response.

I'd go into politics as a career, except there are too many people I'd want to see jailed, or even better, sent to the colonies.

Dutch, I was a winger for a few good years. Not because I was fast, just because I couldn't pass the ball with that spin.

Did play American Football for a while too, Strong side or free safety...loved it when they called a safety blitz.

Last edited:
So cricket then...last day of the 5 match Ashes series with Australia. 1-1 in the series and Australia can retain the Ashes trophy with a draw by breaking a world batting record.
If they can't, then England win against our bitterest adversary in cricket (it doesn't happen very often).

Is it doable?

Get back to you later in the day.

For those who don't understand cricket, firstly, very few do and secondly, somewhere back in this thread, near the start, there's a guide.

By 197 runs and with a day to spare.....

England

Regain the Ashes.

It's a major sporting event in England. We beat the Aussies so seldomly over the last few decades and even in this 5 match (test) series, it looked like the team had thrown it away.

Well done. December 2010 it starts again in Australia.

So, this, "this is it", is it.

My membership expired and for some reason I wasn't taken out of the equation, but now 31st Aug is it.

Ta ra mates.

Remember, if you do ever gather together and carry out the Queen's plan to retake the USA, only get the good bits, leave the Sportsman Motel in Marion for example, that's a dump...and some of the inhabitants are worth keeping, as they are nearly house trained and it would be a shame to give up on them now.

cheers.

Hey folks are any of you in the central tx area, enjoy futfol and are getting ready for world cup 2010? where are the best taverns to watch the games in the area?

With this user name, I have to be a Brit!

I am Pete, born and raised in the London area, moved to the states (Manhattan) 12 yrs ago and luckily manage to keep a GS on either side of the Atlantic.

:wave

A Guernseyman abroad!

Just noticed this dormant thread.

I am from Guernsey, and have lived here since 1985 - living in Northern Virginia

Check out the NEW Dr Who next week! :heart:heart:heart:heart

2016 R1200RT

Millwall fan No one likes us - we don't care! LOL

RFK

Back