• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Fender extender that fit a 2021 RT

Wethead

Does anyone make a fender extender for a '21 RT? I purchased the Avantar from Revzilla and had to return it cause it did not fit

Pics please

I haven't ordered one yet but I'm pretty certain the Machineartmoto ones fit just fine. they have some pics on their site of the fit1-Avant-RT-1250-Avant.jpg

I haven't ordered one yet but I'm pretty certain the Machineartmoto ones fit just fine. they have some pics on their site of the fitView attachment 84025

Well, don't order it cause it does not fit the 2021. That is the same pic they have at Revzilla and even one of their customer service phone response told me that the Avant fits the 2021...and it does not...

I would love you to prove me wrong though

I'm confused as well, the site shows that it fits. I'll also add that this part has more of a rebate forward in the lower aft portion then the version I bought from then and I had on my 2018RT. Reach out to MaMo?

like I said: I love for you to prove me wrong, but I ordered this thing and was not able to 'see' how it could fit...then again, I am not your premier type mech neither.

There is a distinct change to the fender.

It is reported MAM will have one in a few months. Any current one will not fit a 21RT.

Best bet is get plastic cover for the motor until the MAM or others are ready.

A 20 will not fit a 21.

What is MAM?

I have fitted Pyramid Plastics Extender to my 2016 RT and it blends in beautifully, but would be better if it was around 20mm longer as I still get a bit of road crud on the bottom front of the engine. Overall, I am very happy with it. To see if it will fit, check if part numbers for the front mudguard on the '16 RT and '21 RT are the same.

Last edited:
I've been letting the road crud build up until the next wash. I hate it but the entenda's can be cut down to fit, but if it would slip, being a clamp style connection, it could contact the plastic engine fairings and a problem waiting to happen. My take on it is to through drill the fender and tiny bolt-it . I haven't gone the extra sep to drill the fender, .....yet.

I haven't gone the extra step to drill the fender, .....yet.

Back whenI had about 200,000 miles on Old Smokey, my venerable '86 K75T, I had installed a solo seat and an HD FLH trunk where the passenger part of the seat would have been. I had the fuel tank enlarged to hold 8.5 gallons and had carefully finished it with spray-can truck bed liner. After getting tired of the way I was using a wire lead to connect my heated jacket liner I finally drilled a hole in the side cover behind my left knee and installed a BMW accessory socket. With the mating plug on my jacket liner controller it was an easy plug/unplug. I showed a friend and he said I had ruined my motorcycle by drilling a hole in the side cover. :banghead

It did serve me well in several long distance rallies including the '99 and '03 Iron Butt Rallies, even "ruined" as it was.

Probably not many would notice, in my case a tick size screw head that could be mistaken for a chunk of mud.

Back whenI had about 200,000 miles on Old Smokey, my venerable '86 K75T, I had installed a solo seat and an HD FLH trunk where the passenger part of the seat would have been. I had the fuel tank enlarged to hold 8.5 gallons and had carefully finished it with spray-can truck bed liner. After getting tired of the way I was using a wire lead to connect my heated jacket liner I finally drilled a hole in the side cover behind my left knee and installed a BMW accessory socket. With the mating plug on my jacket liner controller it was an easy plug/unplug. I showed a friend and he said I had ruined my motorcycle by drilling a hole in the side cover. :banghead

It did serve me well in several long distance rallies including the '99 and '03 Iron Butt Rallies, even "ruined" as it was.

If making the vehicle your own, is Ruining it, I am guilty of ruining many vehicles. Two and four wheel.

I got lucky with my R1100 's fender extension as I simply replaced it with the rear front fender of a K1200LT. It was longer than the 1100's and required no drilling as the bolt holes were identical in size and placement. Wish the OP had such a simple solution.

Back