• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pet Pictures

Maggie- She would bring back a hand grenade :dog

Attachments

• maggie done on preview.jpg
    maggie done on preview.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 236
This is a wonderful thread....

Here is our dog 'Gracie'....we rescued her as a pup in Las Cruces, NM where some scumbag had thrown her off the side of a hwy in a sack! She is very caring & loving and understands a large vocabulary.
20130810_111141.jpg

20130815_132633.jpg

Here is our dog 'Gracie'....we rescued her as a pup in Las Cruces, NM where some scumbag had thrown her off the side of a hwy in a sack! She is very caring & loving and understands a large vocabulary.
20130810_111141.jpg

20130815_132633.jpg

Ironic when ya think about it. Given just the facts you state, about her past, and the fact that she ended up with a loving family....being thrown from that car proved to be likely the best thing that could have happened too her.

It is a shame that all the unwanted animals can't be so lucky....give her a little tummy rub from me :thumb

Ironic when ya think about it. Given just the facts you state, about her past, and the fact that she ended up with a loving family....being thrown from that car proved to be likely the best thing that could have happened too her.

It is a shame that all the unwanted animals can't be so lucky....give her a little tummy rub from me :thumb

Very true.....definitely a good positive way to look at it. My first couple years I spent in S.E. Asia I was shocked at the amount of abandonded and stray dogs. It's sad really. However, there is no question that Gracie is loved ....and spoiled to the max! LOL .... Tummy rubs coming up as you requested.....she'll love it! ;)

After a few dogless years, Paul and I find ourselves with a couple of rescue pets. Our first, a cat we call Stormy fell down our chimney in a thunderstorm, disappeared for two months and then came back to adopt us.

Our second, a Roan Gelding I call Big Red, followed me home so I got to keep him.

Voni
sMiling

After a few dogless years, Paul and I find ourselves with a couple of rescue pets. Our first, a cat we call Stormy fell down our chimney in a thunderstorm, disappeared for two months and then came back to adopt us.

Our second, a Roan Gelding I call Big Red, followed me home so I got to keep him.

Voni
sMiling

It's amazing how "pet like" horses can be. a friend [Carl] had a horse named Flame...she followed him around like a dog. And she loved having her ears scratched. Even when I would visit she would come up to the pasture fence , stick her head over & lower it...that meant scratch my ears Ron...of course I did.

My friend called me once laughing like mad...I asked why?...he said he came home from the store in the truck, she stuck her head in the passenger side window and wouldn't leave. He finally got out, and she backed out of the window...and headed back to her pasture.

My whippet AKC Grand Champion Wasatch Strike Up the Band at Jade. His call name is Jake and he's a wonderful show dog.

I also breed championship affenpinschers (the second photo) and have 14 of them. The monkey dogs are rare. In 2013 an affen won the Westminster show and this year an affen won the world championship.

Last edited:
Hardest thing about pets is letting them go. We didn't try to replace him but this lab-golden-retriever-springer spaniel mix found us not long after Reese left us. Been a long time since we've had a pup, she's wonderful!

Attachments

• reese.jpg
    reese.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 258
  • milliepump.jpg
    milliepump.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 259
Hardest thing about pets is letting them go. We didn't try to replace him but this lab-golden-retriever-springer spaniel mix found us not long after Reese left us. Been a long time since we've had a pup, she's wonderful!
Sweet!
OM

Smudge passed away following an emergency abdominal surgery last Sunday, 12.14.2014. He made it through the surgery but apparently his heart couldn't deal with the stress.

Smudge was a fighter. He weighed 4.5 pounds when he showed up at my shop door in an industrial park four and a half years ago. I don't know how he decided to come to my door, SOMEONE must have been guiding him. Staving, dehydrated, blind, and diagnosed FIV positive he wasn't expected to survive that first night after I took him to the vet. How he was even able to sustain himself, living in hostile conditions under shipping containers and competing with other cats for food and water for as long as he did, is beyond my understanding. But with the help of our friends at the Arroyo Grande Veterinary Clinic he made it a bit further.

45pounds_zps6e3b09cd.jpg

Mudgie would meet me at the door every afternoon when I got home, and wanted nothing more than for me to settle onto the sofa after dinner.

Sleep well MeHo, I'll be along soon enough.. .. .

MudgetMOA.jpg

Smudge passed away following an emergency abdominal surgery last Sunday, 12.14.2014. He made it through the surgery but apparently his heart couldn't deal with the stress.

Smudge was a fighter. He weighed 4.5 pounds when he showed up at my shop door in an industrial park four and a half years ago. I don't know how he decided to come to my door, SOMEONE must have been guiding him. Staving, dehydrated, blind, and diagnosed FIV positive he wasn't expected to survive that first night after I took him to the vet. How he was even able to sustain himself, living in hostile conditions under shipping containers and competing with other cats for food and water for as long as he did, is beyond my understanding. But with the help of our friends at the Arroyo Grande Veterinary Clinic he made it a bit further.

45pounds_zps6e3b09cd.jpg

Mudgie would meet me at the door every afternoon when I got home, and wanted nothing more than for me to settle onto the sofa after dinner.

Sleep well MeHo, I'll be along soon enough.. .. .

View attachment 47778

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge.

Back