• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Millennials...Now we know

JPDickson

Why Millennials Are Not Buying Motorcycles

1. Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat.
2. Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on.
3. Can't use 2 hands to eat while driving.
4. They don't get a trophy and a recognition plaque just for buying one.
5. Don't have enough muscle to hold the bike up when stopped.
6. Might have a bug hit them in the face and then they would need emergency care.
7. Motorcycles don't have air conditioning.
8. They can't afford one because they spent 12 years in college trying to get a degree in Humanities, Social Studies or Gender Studies for which no jobs are available.
9. They are allergic to fresh air.
10. Their pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes.
11. They might get their hands dirty checking the oil.
12. The handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen.
13. You have to shift manually and use something called a clutch.
14. It's too hard to take selfies while riding.
15. They don't come with training wheels like their bicycles did.
16. Motorcycles don't have power steering or power brakes.
17. Their nose ring interferes with the face shield.
18. They would have to use leg muscle to back up.
19. When they stop, a light breeze might blow exhaust in their face.
20. It could rain on them and expose them to non-soft water.
21. It might scare their therapy dog, and then the dog would need therapy.
22. Can't get the motorcycle down the basement stairs of their parent's home.

Could not resist. This is too funny.

There are many millennials packing rucks with an M4 Carbine in their hands in god-forsaken places around the world.

There are many millennials packing rucks with an M4 Carbine in their hands in god-forsaken places around the world.

Gotta love and pray for them! There are a lot of fine men and women serving our country.

I think most of them could laugh at the depiction of their generation just like I could laugh at the stereotypes given to mine.

Everything anyone needs to know about what’s wrong with the MOA is in posts #3,#4, and #5...

Best,
DG

Fixed that for ya! :ha

I don’t know what’s happened, but to me this club has totally gotten itself into a pair of underwear that is 5 sizes too small. :rolleyes

Is it not possible to laugh at ourselves any more?

jmo

Ian

My father was an old-school mechanical and agricultural engineer who did research in the effectiveness of farm crop harvesting machinery. He never could quite relate to my gearhead tendencies and love affair with fuel injection, mechanical at first (VW) and the electronic analog, and then digital. Just like I at age 7 decades plus a few years can't get excited about today's artificial intelligence, robotics, and other tech stuff.

I had a 49cc moped when I was 14 and occasionally rode with (behind) my much older neighbor on his Harley 74. He would head to the bar and I would go to the swimming pool. But he put up with my youthful foolishness because he was a caring human being. Which is what we need to be as we observe a generation we fail to understand, but which is much "smarter" than us in many technical fields. They are neither inferior nor misguided (except maybe in the debt our stinginess forced them into taking on).

Fifty years from now it will be interesting which generation is viewed as the good one and which will be viewed as not so good. As always, you may not agree. Time will tell.

My father was an old-school mechanical and agricultural engineer who did research in the effectiveness of farm crop harvesting machinery. He never could quite relate to my gearhead tendencies and love affair with fuel injection, mechanical at first (VW) and the electronic analog, and then digital. Just like I at age 7 decades plus a few years can't get excited about today's artificial intelligence, robotics, and other tech stuff.

I had a 49cc moped when I was 14 and occasionally rode with (behind) my much older neighbor on his Harley 74. He would head to the bar and I would go to the swimming pool. But he put up with my youthful foolishness because he was a caring human being. Which is what we need to be as we observe a generation we fail to understand, but which is much "smarter" than us in many technical fields. They are neither inferior nor misguided (except maybe in the debt our stinginess forced them into taking on).

Fifty years from now it will be interesting which generation is viewed as the good one and which will be viewed as not so good. As always, you may not agree. Time will tell.

Nicely said Paul

Back