• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cost of 10,000 km service?

davidh70

I posted this last week in the WbW Google community but figured I'd ask here as well.

Of those that have had the 10,000 km service done, can you let me know what it cost? I had mine done last week and there are some things on the work order that don't quite align with the BMW maintenance schedule (available on the WbW blog) and I'm curious if others have had the same experience. One contributor to the Google community noted it cost him 170? ($223) vs. $422 for my service which included:

Inspection I service, $85
Change engine oil and filter, $29
Bleed front brakes, $57
Bleed rear brakes, $43
Adjust parking brake, $29
Adjust chain, $86

Plus the following parts/fluids:
Oil, $36
Filter, $16
Brake fluid, $5
Antifreeze/coolant, $25 (not sure why this was required?)

The only service I requested was the 10,000 km. No other issues were reported when I dropped it off. I'm not sure if I'm being "upsold" services (without being asked) or if that's a typical cost for this service.

One contributor to the Google community noted it cost him 170? ($223) vs. $422 for my service which included:

Inspection I service, $85
Change engine oil and filter, $29
Bleed front brakes, $57
Bleed rear brakes, $43
Adjust parking brake, $29
Adjust chain, $86

Plus the following parts/fluids:
Oil, $36
Filter, $16
Brake fluid, $5
Antifreeze/coolant, $25 (not sure why this was required?)

The only service I requested was the 10,000 km.

The oil and filter cost alone should be $125 Canadian or $100 US as the owners manual states as recommended 15w50 sj ma2 synthetic and it is about $20 a litre.
I would question the anti freeze as it is very difficult to see it. I believe the mechanic that looked at it said I can't see it so I will add some.

Last edited:
Back