• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Was HODAG banned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodag

I for one would like to know what he did and why he was banned. I think it's not to much to know what he did wrong, if indeed he was banned for some post.

I agree with rgvilla, this can be a learning opportunity for all of us.

I enjoyed the back and forth in the 1st/2nd amendment thread. I didn't see anything over the line, and for the most part it was allowed to go on. I didn't necessarily appreciate the mods threats (to shut it down), but if that's their thing then so be it.

Read this quick before it's CENSORED

I for one would like to know what he did and why he was banned. I think it's not to much to know what he did wrong, if indeed he was banned for some post.

Apparently the administration of this board doesn't want any of us to know. Mark was banned from the forum for announcing, after he was told not to, that he had been banned from the election forum for criticizing the rules. Sounds like a GWB secret detention to me.

I agree with rgvilla, this can be a learning opportunity for all of us.

I enjoyed the back and forth in the 1st/2nd amendment thread. I didn't see anything over the line, and for the most part it was allowed to go on. I didn't necessarily appreciate the mods threats (to shut it down), but if that's their thing then so be it.

Steve - point of fact: the 1st/2nd amendent thread was split from the VT thread because the subject had changed. The new thread continues now. if there was a threat to shut it down, i can't find it.

ian

If what RatSnake says is true, I don't think any one should be censored for disagreeing with the rules. Assuming he was not bashing the makers of the rules.

Come back soon Mark!

In case you guys aren't paying attention, you gotta step WAY over the line to get banned. As far as I know that ALWAYS includes a warning first. I don't know what he did, but I strongly suspect he deserved it unless somebody can show me otherwise. There's not a lot you can't say here unless you're totally socially unacceptable and rude and crude.

Visian--not so much a threat to shut down, but see post #78

moderation mode on
Ahem...
moderation mode off

I rarely see the need for forum moderation and post editing, but it is what it is. I suppose if I want to see the juicy stuff I can always turn over to advrider.

Visian--not so much a threat to shut down, but see post #78

moderation mode on
Ahem...
moderation mode off

I rarely see the need for forum moderation and post editing, but it is what it is. I suppose if I want to see the juicy stuff I can always turn over to advrider.

That has always been the only form of "moderation" that Brad has ever done that I have witnessed. Not a threat but just a caution that we should be careful that the thread doesn't degenerate into something stupid. I haven't been following the drama thread though. Until today...I didn't know there was any drama going on.

If what RatSnake says is true, I don't think any one should be censored for disagreeing with the rules. Assuming he was not bashing the makers of the rules.

Come back soon Mark!

I appears that he's going to be punished until Rob thinks he's had enough. As you can see from the post that got him banned, he simply ignored Rob and posted the message that he had been baned from the election forum.

I thought we were supposed to have new moderators

by now.If so,is Rob Nye involved?I only question that because he once banned me.He pulled the same stuff with me when I was banned and you have to apologize politely and repent and promise to behave.Mark is one of the good guys here and should be allowed back asap(read now).I also received an e-mail from Mark telling me he'd been banned but not giving me the reason.How sad indeed.And as for,"he deserves what he got",that's even more sad.
I haven't been paying attention to the election thread since I retured my ballot a while back.But I did read it tonight and...........no,I better keep my opinion to myself.
John

Last edited:
That's hilarious

In case you guys aren't paying attention, you gotta step WAY over the line to get banned. As far as I know that ALWAYS includes a warning first. I don't know what he did, but I strongly suspect he deserved it unless somebody can show me otherwise. There's not a lot you can't say here unless you're totally socially unacceptable and rude and crude.

and I know 1st hand!I can honestly tell you that you're assumption here is totally wrong.Mark was/is NOT "totally socially unacceptable and rude and crude".
John

From Mark's post it seems the deed was done in the election forum. Rob is the moderator there. Even for the "civil" MOA forum we seem to be on a very short leash in that forum. I still am waiting to hear from Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back