• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

insurance

No replies, so :

Have you tried putting "insurance" into the Search engine at the top right?
Also search using the common underwriters: Allstate, Progressive, Markel's, etc.
There's a lot already in these pages...

Foremost Insurance Group

I would help you out if I could quote for Florida

+1

I've had Foremost Insurance for 5 years covering 4 different bikes. While I haven't had a claim, my other dealings with them have been pleasant experiences.

Tom

Markel

Have had Markel for 8 yrs and considering having $0 deductable now and competitive rates I am staying with them. Allstate came close (have home and auto with them) but would have to start up with deductable again. I had Progressive years ago but even after a few yrs with them Markel had a better rate and the MOA recommendation meant a lot.

My GEICO renewal for the K1200LT was $301.00 for a 12 month policy here in Georgia. Foremost gave me a quote of $94.00 for the exact same policy. It's worth a shot!

That's a Big Savings; I'm going to see if Foremost can better my Progressive policy (Markel was substantially higher) and will report back.

Thanks,
08RT

More to the decision than just the premium...I have had Dairyland for years, through several bikes. I have $100 deductible...a Texas policy, so premium amounts aren't germane to FL, but Dairyland was substantially cheaper than Progressive for the same coverage.

I dropped my FJR and scratched it up years ago. $800 to paint, they approved it over the phone.

I dropped my RT top case off the back of the bike several years ago. They TOTALED the case, about $900, even though I told them I'd gotten a paint bid for $300.

I dropped my RT top case off the back of the bike this year:blush and an adjuster came out, totaled it again.

My premiums? Gone DOWN every year by more than 10%.

I've found that custom chopper places do a much better job of matching BMW paint than anyone else....

Foremost came in $ 380 more than my existing Progressive insurance with the identical coverage.

It's crazy how different premiums can be from state to state.

With a $380 difference, I'd go with Progressive too...I wouldn't tell my boss though.

Please tell me you you didn't go with state minimums?

Bodily Injury 250/500k
Property 100k
Uninsured/Underinsured 250/500k
comp 100 deductible
collision 250 "
Roadside with Trip interruption

Just received a quote from Dairyland and they were a bit closer but still over $ 100 more.

Pays to shop every year IMO.

Michigan Rider

I won't go into details but I would suggest those considering Progressive do some research on the allegiences of the CEO and what organizations they support. You may be shocked or you may be delighted. Either way, be informed on where your money goes between claims.

I won't go into details but I would suggest those considering Progressive do some research on the allegiences of the CEO and what organizations they support. You may be shocked or you may be delighted. Either way, be informed on where your money goes between claims.

I read about what they support and it will send me shopping in August.

I lived in CO and always had state farm. Moved to TX and then GA and had my state farm agent refer me to Dairyland. Much MUCH cheaper and easy to deal with. Haven't had any claims though in the 10 years i have used them.

have had Safeco for nearly 7 years. Always good prices and service.
Had a claim against Progressive from a rear-ender on my Valkyrie. They were the at fault driver's provider. Their claims and service people are rude and nasty at best.

have had Safeco for nearly 7 years. Always good prices and service.
Had a claim against Progressive from a rear-ender on my Valkyrie. They were the at fault driver's provider. Their claims and service people are rude and nasty at best.

+1 on Safeco.

I was an insurance agent for 30 years before selling my business last December. Progressive in commonly called Aggressive by the body shops in my area.:coffee

GO MAVS!!!

I lived in CO and always had state farm. Moved to TX and then GA and had my state farm agent refer me to Dairyland. Much MUCH cheaper and easy to deal with. Haven't had any claims though in the 10 years i have used them.

I'm currently in the process of a claim for Dairyland.... I will give them a B.

Fairly responsive, I *guess* I got a good payout on my totaled HP2 :bluduh (at lease my dealer seems to think so).

I have the "excursion diversion" coverage for my safety apparel (which, oddly enough doesn't cover my helmet... it's in the value of the bike.) It's been a little slow getting visibility of that particular part of the claim, and the Dairyland person who called for it was not the world's most customer-service-oriented person I've ever dealt with.

That said, their prices are good and they are doing what they said they would.

This was my first claim ever in 40 years of riding. I will use them again (if they'll have me) because I, too, have issues with Progressive's political bent.

ian

Back