• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

bmw customer service terrible

rhood1960

After four emails and several calls on a brand new r1200rt that bro,e down on the first day and still at the dealer waiting on parts I finally got of hold of someone at customer service lets just say it was no Disney experiance! I was told that it didn't matter how long it takes to get a part and not only being able to ride a new bike one day and having it set at the dealer for three weeks doesn't warrant her to interact! Wth is she there for and obviously ride she doesn't ride a motorcycle, I could understand if someone was being rude and unreasonable but I guess being polite and asking BMW to help expedit a part is an unreasonable request, the dealer I bought from is great but they are getting nowere also

Just remember, it in not the bike's fault you are getting crappy service. It is the crappy dealer. It may well be the dealer's fault for the breakdown as well, as they do have to partially assemble the bikes before sale..... If you can, find a different dealer.

Just remember, it in not the bike's fault you are getting crappy service. It is the crappy dealer. It may well be the dealer's fault for the breakdown as well, as they do have to partially assemble the bikes before sale..... If you can, find a different dealer.

I believe the OP was describing a disappointing experience with BMWNA rather than a shortfall of a dealership. Using the above noted logic, one could read, " If you can, find a different brand."

Bokrijder

With no information how do you blame dealer

Not knowing what parts are being waited for, how could you know it the dealer.
Find a different dealer? Unfortunately BMW repair is not like a many motorcycles with a repair shop all over the place.

I know I waited long time for parts for BMW, 3 months was a long time: I know the dealer kept checking and getting a time for shipments the expired, and then another.

Even BMW's are not perfect, and Germany's make mistakes.

Find a different dealer? Unfortunately BMW repair is not like a

I believe my response was "If you can, find....."

Also, I realize the op has spoken with BMWNA. If the dealer has actually ordered the parts at the point when the bike showed up in their repair shop, as far as corporate is concerned, protocol has been and is being followed. I am not saying that having to wait this long for something to be fixed does not suck, but then many people here speak as if this type of thing only happens with BMWs. I can assure you, I have been through similar circumstances with many different vehicles/ appliances of various mfg through out my life.

Tekno
The term is notorious. Notorious.
I don't think I ever had to wait long for any part for anything.
I do remember many years ago several people waiting weeks or months for parts and repairs, I think they both had Chevrolets.
I guess I been lucky.
So far.
dc

I believe the OP was describing a disappointing experience with BMWNA rather than a shortfall of a dealership.

Which is a mistake.

Dealers are responsible for getting bikes fixed, not BMW.

Not until it becomes a technical problem beyond any dealer's capability that is.

My dealer has loaner bikes that we can ride when our bike's in for service.

BMW has a VOR (vehicle off road) program whereby any part can be ordered for overnight shipment. You pay. This is for in-stock-in-USA parts. Airplanes fly from Europe, too, but I'm not informed about arranging that.

FWIW when Land Rover returned to the USA in the mid-1980s they established their national parts warehouse at/near the Memphis airport ... site of FedEx's main operation.

But we never heard the ending of your story.

How did it all end?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well I just updated the post this morning. But the short of it is that I kinda figured it out with the help of the guys in Denver. There is an adjustment screw nobody in the universe knows about. Nice shop too BTW.

I order bearing and few other parts for boxer transmission and was told the will be about 3-4 weeks since there ware not in US, those parts need to be ordered from Germany. OK but 3-4 weeks?

I make a call to a friend in a small independent BMW shop in Europe and got all parts in 4 days.
Seems like some dealers do not stock anything anymore and even things like seals or bearings.

Martin

update

I spoke with the dealer in St Louis and possibly another week for the rear shock,they haven't verified the intermittent stalling problem,I can understand that for I have been a service advisor and manager for over 30 years I'm very understanding of problems but in my world when someone buys a new vehicle and doesn't make it home and has to wait or over three weeks for anything GM would of
bought the vehicle back and kissed there ass like the paper boy at Christmas Customer retention is everyone's business plan these days not piss off the guy who spends a wheel barrow of money. I guess BMW doesn't need repeat business,this is not my first BMW this number 7 for me I do like the product and don't wish to play leather dress up and stand in front of a taverni prefer to ride mine so I don't wish to switch brands so tomorrow I'm going to trade it in on another BMW I guess that will solve the proble

My limited experience with BMWNA was not very helpful. Granted I was trying to find out parts applicability on an airhead, which is an older model. But, I started at dealers and could not get an answer, so I contacted BMWNA. There answer was to go to a dealer, but I started there and they could not answer it. On a side note, this was a dealer that had been around for long time, had airhead mechanics and still works on airheads. My take on this was that they don't want to deal with the general public.

There's a BMW classic site in Germany that could help. Mobile Tradition, perhaps.

They did respond that the Multlvario bag base for R80G/S was no longer available.

Know the feeling.....The clutch went on my little R80 at 215,000 miles......Rat bastards wouldn't pay that.....

Back