• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great BBQ and no ethanol

realmccoy

Two weeks ago my wife and I had the good fortune to discover a great little BBQ place in Jonesborough Tenn. The owners told us they had recently relocated to this spot in a gas station which happens to sell ethanol free gasoline.
The pulled pork was without a doubt the best I've ever eaten and the side dishes were tasty and generously sized. I have no connection to this business but I would recommend it.
The Parsons Son BBQ
101 W. Jackson Blvd.
Jonesborough, Tenn.

Two weeks ago my wife and I had the good fortune to discover a great little BBQ place in Jonesborough Tenn. The owners told us they had recently relocated to this spot in a gas station which happens to sell ethanol free gasoline.
The pulled pork was without a doubt the best I've ever eaten and the side dishes were tasty and generously sized. I have no connection to this business but I would recommend it.
The Parsons Son BBQ
101 W. Jackson Blvd.
Jonesborough, Tenn.

Two perfect fuels.

Thanks! Perfect distance for a day ride from my house. I bought my Burgman scooter near there last fall. Wonderful friendly people in the area.

Jonesborough is a historic town and once was the capitol of Tennessee. Of course, great riding in east Tennessee as well as good food.:thumb

Parson's Son BBQ

We were visiting family in the area and stopped in for lunch. The food was great and the parson's son is a very personable host. We learned about how the business came to be and how much it has grown in a span of about one year. If you are in the area, be sure and stop by for a very tasty meal.

Bob Schrader

We were visiting family in the area and stopped in for lunch. The food was great and the parson's son is a very personable host. We learned about how the business came to be and how much it has grown in a span of about one year. If you are in the area, be sure and stop by for a very tasty meal.

Bob Schrader

I took my riding buddies there in the early summer and had a great lunch. I do have a "problem" though. It is one of about a dozen good BBQ places within a hour and a half of my house. How do you choose? Sometimes we just happen to be in the neighborhood. Sometimes we pick an interesting route to get to one. Sometimes, we just have a hankering for a certain one since they are all slightly unique in their own way.

Very true- this part of the planet has a bunch of good places (as well as too many that serve greasy stuff done wrong) and plenty of folks who can intelligently argue for one over another.
Gas vs wood, eastern vs western, best parts of the pig, or whatever, and the other possible themes never go away as new younger fans get into it.
Someone has to keep sampling to try to determine the definitive answer, even if we never get to it...

After we settle the barbecue questions, we can debate who does the best hush puppies..too many machine squirts these days for my taste.

Folks from elsewhere may not understand how profitable these places can be. One of my favorites was staffed almost entirely by the owner's daughters who all had college degrees, most had advanced degrees. But they did 'que (wood, hand basted old style as well as the best chicken I've ever had anywhere) for the nearly 6 figure incomes they all knocked down nearly 20 years ago! If you're good- around here they will come for sure...Most would not think such incomes possible selling such a low priced product but if you keep overheads low and quality high, it can be done -which is why new folks try new businesses regularly. Needs a serious work ethic, though- long days starting early if you really aspire to top of the pile- its not about appearances. Not well know to those outside the state is that some of our best known pitmasters are African American from a long tradition and many with lots of years at their establishment..

Last edited:
Back