• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

When will we have a Flea Market sort/search function that works

drswift

For as sophisticated as this web site is and with all the paid support staff and resources at your disposal, I don't understand why we can't get this to work. Select a grouping (like airheads) then try to order it by date and you get a badly ordered listing of EVERYTHING in the flea market. Also, you can't do ANY searches at all within one of the subgroups. Totally lame!!!

The flea market is separate from the forum. There have been discussions about changes but as of now, there hasn't been anything that looks viable.
Have you seen anything in your internet travels that would integrate with our V-bulliten software package?
OM

How about having ALL ads automatically deleted after 30 days?

Then at least you would only have to look through 20 pages (200 items) currently, instead of the current 172 PAGES (1715 items).

I'm sure A LOT of the older ad items were sold a LONG time ago, but were not deleted. A 30 day posting could be resubmitted if it hasn't sold, but automatically deleting them after 30 days would make the Flea Market more manageable.:dunno

There are currently ads that go back 14 MONTHS. Hell, with this crowd, the seller might not even be alive still!:gerg

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
In the recent Board meeting minutes published in ON, Ted Moyer said another Flea Market is coming. No details were given.

The flea market is separate from the forum. There have been discussions about changes but as of now, there hasn't been anything that looks viable.
Have you seen anything in your internet travels that would integrate with our V-bulliten software package?
OM

BMWST.COM uses UBB threads, where the classified are posts in a section of the Forum. Isn't that how the MOA site used to be set up before it got "upgraded?"

BMWST.COM uses UBB threads, where the classified are posts in a section of the Forum. Isn't that how the MOA site used to be set up before it got "upgraded?"
It, to the best of my knowledge, has always been separate. There was a time during the VB upgrade that we kept one running within the forum. It would seem that the early VB software package (3.6?) had a custom program written and integrated that members really liked but could not be integrated with the latest software package we are running.
It must be a difficult to do as VB doesn't seem to have an "add on" that runs a flea market.
Like I mentioned, it seems like there is no easy fix that will satisfy everybody's sense of how a "flea market" should run.
If you see one, let us know.
OM

In the recent Board meeting minutes published in ON, Ted Moyer said another Flea Market is coming. No details were given.

From the minutes in the June ON:

"An improved Flea Market to be powered by Forum is scheduled for May."

Not sure what "...by Forum..." means.

I'm working on an upgrade, but we have run into some issues that I wasn't expecting. Most notably, we don't have any IT resource in house and I have assumed that job in addition to my other responsibilities. Improvements are coming. It is a matter of prioritization. I understand the issues, but it will be a little longer before we have something viable.

Ted

Back