• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75S flooding

beakster boy

I can start my K75S then go back after an hour or so and it doesn't seem to try to fire and floods almost immediately. If I take the plugs out, clean them and let it sit overnight it starts up but is likely to flood if you let it sit an hour or so and try it again. I should say that it floods enough that there is raw fuel in the exhaust, I know I will have to change the oil once it's fixed but really need some guidance.
The bike has less than 10,000 miles on it and has been running great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I can start my K75S then go back after an hour or so and it doesn't seem to try to fire and floods almost immediately. If I take the plugs out, clean them and let it sit overnight it starts up but is likely to flood if you let it sit an hour or so and try it again. I should say that it floods enough that there is raw fuel in the exhaust, I know I will have to change the oil once it's fixed but really need some guidance.
The bike has less than 10,000 miles on it and has been running great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This symptom can be caused by a weak battery. It can also be caused by a failing coil. A faulty engine temperature sensor is also a prime suspect since after an hour the engine is still warm. I would have the battery load tested first but really think it is a temperature sensor issue.

This symptom can be caused by a weak battery. It can also be caused by a failing coil. A faulty engine temperature sensor is also a prime suspect since after an hour the engine is still warm. I would have the battery load tested first but really think it is a temperature sensor issue.

The battery appears to have plenty of power and is only a year old. I will load test it and will take a look at the temperature sensor, can I test the sensor with a meter?. I will say that it did flood the other day on a cold start after sitting for a few days.
Thanks for the information.

leaking injectors.

check fuel pressure. after shutdown pressure should stay high for a while. if it drops fairly quickly, could have an injector stuck open.

Back