• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1988 K75C White 205k Alternator damper cup nut torque spec

pjar

PeteG
Hello,

Removed my dead alternator fan and damper cup. Nut came off with impact wrench. Damper cup and fan were pleasantly easy to remove. Now it is time to install them on the refurbished one.

Clymer's doesn't have a torque value for the nut (shown). I'm not finding it on a search here or in Tech. I found this spec on the web (shown). Does 37 ft lbs. sound correct to those that have gone down this path before me?

Thanks in advance,
Pete
:waveK75 alternator nut.jpgView attachment 75171

Last edited:
BMW factory spec. (From BMW factory repair manual) is 45nm +/- 6.

That converts to 33 ft/lb +/- 4.

37 ft/lb would work fine.:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

Just an FYI for that torque chart - the upper and lower fork pinch bolt recommendations are reversed. Everything else worked great as a reference (and was comparable to my Haynes when possible) through my K75 wrenching/ownership.

Just an FYI for that torque chart - the upper and lower fork pinch bolt recommendations are reversed. Everything else worked great as a reference (and was comparable to my Haynes when possible) through my K75 wrenching/ownership.

Great catch dreno66,:thumbView attachment 75190
I've edited the spec chart, deleted the prior post, and have posted it again with the correction. It now agrees with my Clymer as well.
Pete

Attachments

• K75 torque specs_r1_flat.png
    K75 torque specs_r1_flat.png
    289 KB · Views: 20
Back