• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Garmin Map Update 2019.10

exgman

Garmin is sending out map North America Map Update 2019.10 tonight (1/26). They've also updated Garmin Express to 5.9.0.0.

Thanks for the heads-up. Having been previously slashed on Garmin’s bleeding edge, I believe I’ll sit back and revisit this thread in a month or so.
:thumb
Best,
DG

Garmin Express Version

I am on a Mac and my version of Garmin Express is 6.0.0.0. I just did the updates.

Yes, the MAC version seems to be 6.0.0.0 too. My Garmin Express just updated, after the maps updated.

Thanks for the heads-up. I spent this rainy Saturday updating all 4 of my Garmins. What's always interesting to me is the difference in file sizes of the map update between the various units I own. At least this update was fairly painless, and only the Montana also included a system software update as well as a map update.

I updated my Nuvi today but since it's winter I'll wait awhile before updating the Navigators, just in case there's a bug with the map update.

I used the Nuvi when driving to Kansas City last week and everything with the map update looked OK so I updated both Nav Vs today.
I happened to tap the map screen and saw a search icon show up in the upper right corner.
When I tap that I get a bunch of options like gas, restaurants, motels, ect.
I never noticed the search icon before. Is it new?

20180205_182729.jpg

20180205_174516.jpg

The things you learn from this forum -- in 5 years of using the Nav V, I've never come across the search icon. Thanks, Lee, for pointing it out. It looks like it will be very useful.

The things you learn from this forum -- in 5 years of using the Nav V, I've never come across the search icon. Thanks, Lee, for pointing it out. It looks like it will be very useful.

Good to hear I'm not the only one to never notice it :)
Looks like the icons are a little small to use with gloves, but may be useful when off the bike and no gloves.

I see why I have not noticed the search icon. You need to be zoomed in to .8mile or less to see it.
Thanks for the link, I saved it.

A really nice feature (thank you Garmin) is the ability to preform a WhereTo? search from the Map page using the on-Map search button. The default "search near" is the center of the Map regardless of your current physical position and you have to be at 0.8mi or lower scale to activate the WhereTo? button. Once it's active you can move the map and zoom-in/out on the map as you desire before selecting your search. I think it would be a great enhancement if you could choose to do an "area" search or "along an active route" search from the Map. If you think so too, ask for it at www.Garmin.com/ideas.

TIP: Even though the search results may only show one return, zoom-in on the area and look for small Blue Dots.

map_search1.jpg
map_search2.jpg
map_search4.jpg

Back