• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Venting Machine vs. AirFlow 3 vs. Rev'it Airforce

summer suits

Big difference in crash protection between the BMW suits and the Rev'it, though most people who buy either from me seem to be happy. The AirFlow3 is a current style, while the Venting Machine has been discontinued.

The big difference is fit, If you're tall and thin, the Rev'it Typhoon is great, but if you're more average or rounded, the Airflow3 will fit better.

I rode all last summer in an Olympia Airglide2 and was happy. Great jacket for the price, comes in Hi-Vis, and fits ordinary average guys pretty well. This summer I'm going to try out their new Stealth one-piece summer suit. Since I get to wear shorts and sneakers to work, I need to be able to gear up quickly if I want to go out for lunch. It seems to be easy on/off.

Anyway, buy what fits, keeping in mind that most of the summer you will be wearing the jacket over just a t-shirt, though this kind of jacket is very versatile if you can fit a bulk layer underneath. I also have found that by adding a rain shell on top of this type of jacket you can create your own cold-weather jacket.

Howard
Apparel Manager, Bob's BMW
howard.sprague@bobsbmw.com

I rode yesterday in temps from 50 to 70 wearing an Olympia Stealth one-piece suit over a light windbreaker and long sleeved undershirt and jeans. Was just a little chilly at 50, but very comfortable later in the day. Also the suit is easy to put on and take off and rolled up it fits into my larger, right side system case. Another plus for me is that it does not have any pressure points that cause my butt to ache after an hour and 30 minutes. This was my first ride in the Stealth and I'm very happy with this suit.

regards,
Mark

Olympia Airglide

I ride with an Olympia airglide jacket. I live in FL. This will be my very first summer with this jacket. So far, I have ridden in the 80's and it is ok as long as you are moving. I've been very happy with the fit and the look. I think it is a great looking jacket. I have the black and yellow.

I am also thinking about buying the stealth 1 piece for the summer and to ride up to the rally in JC this summer.

Big difference in crash protection between the BMW suits and the Rev'it, though most people who buy either from me seem to be happy. The AirFlow3 is a current style, while the Venting Machine has been discontinued.

The big difference is fit, If you're tall and thin, the Rev'it Typhoon is great, but if you're more average or rounded, the Airflow3 will fit better.

I rode all last summer in an Olympia Airglide2 and was happy. Great jacket for the price, comes in Hi-Vis, and fits ordinary average guys pretty well. This summer I'm going to try out their new Stealth one-piece summer suit. Since I get to wear shorts and sneakers to work, I need to be able to gear up quickly if I want to go out for lunch. It seems to be easy on/off.

Anyway, buy what fits, keeping in mind that most of the summer you will be wearing the jacket over just a t-shirt, though this kind of jacket is very versatile if you can fit a bulk layer underneath. I also have found that by adding a rain shell on top of this type of jacket you can create your own cold-weather jacket.

Howard
Apparel Manager, Bob's BMW
howard.sprague@bobsbmw.com

Howard, what specifically are the differences in crash protection between the BMW and Rev'It?

It appears the Airflow 3 is available only in limited sizes; is it being superseded?

I've been wearing a Rukka Airvision two piece suit for about five years. I'd like to find a similar-quality suit which is cooler, but which offers the same level of protection.

I have the RevIt Air jacket. I love it. It fits perfectly and is made very well. I would imagine the Airforce is just as nice. If you don't care about rain protection save some $$ and check out the Air. Nice stuff.

Back