• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pencil in for next year's BMW NorCAL 49er Memorial Day Weekend

beemerguru

NOTICE!!! This is totally conditional on the COVAD19 situation around the middle of May 2021 and subject to cancellation!!! But we would like to start the effort so you can at least pencil this in. Stay safe and ride far.
===============================================================================

Do you ride a BMW or have a friend who does? Then consider having fun with around 500 of other riders this Memorial Day weekend by joining us at the 2021 BMW Club of Northern California 49er Rally in Mariposa, CA.

This event has been going on for the last 49 years with only 2 interruptions…and it just keeps getting better. Enjoy the gathering while you enroll in Men’s or Women’s GS Clinics, learn from multiple seminars, participate in both street and English Trials events, enjoy great food and beverages, watch the younger riders ride an obstacle course on 49cc minibikes, win prizes for multiple categories of riding, win money on the poker run, enjoy riding the Sierra passes and Yosemite, or just sit back and relax at Airhead Central or at the well-stocked Bier Garden. We will also be hosting the West Coast Vintage BMW motorcycle Owners Rally so expect to see some examples dating back to the 1920s. This is your chance to get active, to learn, and watch the fun.

In 2019 we added a Woman’s Only GS Clinic to great reviews and it’s back again and the Men’s GS Clinic has moved up a couple of notches - both taught by teams of certified professional trainers. A program full of speakers/presentations this year will take you over the highest Himalayan pass in the world while another shows the thrill of adventure riding across Australia or what 3 weeks is like riding the European Alps, or learn about accident scene management.

Learn the history of some of BMW’s models and how design decisions were made from Tom Cutter, one of the original BMW Service Training Instructors. RKA will present the latest in electronics for the bike. Seminars from the GS Clinic instructors from Black Swan and learn your legal options after an accident from Russ Brown. And learn how to cook a 4 star meal from what you have packed in your saddlebag.

Saturday dinner next year was designed by a fantastic 4 star catering chef and the daily food options will give you great choices.
Grab one of the Day Ride Maps and head over 3 or 4 8500’+ Sierras Passes, spend a day in Yosemite if you leave early before the other tourists arrive, or visit the great vineyards in the Sierra foothills. Bring your 49cc bikes and participate in some fun field events. Or just have fun riding. Enjoy the Poker Run through the scenic Sierra foothills with a chance for great prizes for the best hands.

The GS Giants is always a spectator favorite just like the English Trials while the Field Events test your slow speed skills. A variety of raffle prizes are drawn every 2 hours over the weekend and winning the 50/50 raffle just might pay for your entire trip

Enjoy Airhead Central hosted with Tom Cutter, Saturday evening woman’s wine gathering, your favorite wine or beer at the Bier Garden, shop the multiple vendors, sell or buy stuff at the flea market, sample multiple food choices, enjoy the late night movies, and register for awards for solo and 2 up long distance, oldest and youngest male and female riders.

Plan your Covad-free vacation around May 20-24, 2021 at the Mariposa, CA Fairgrounds on Highway 49 and enjoy the ride.

For more information and registration go to www.bmwnorcal.org around the first week of January when registration goes live.

I'll add that a friend and I attended the 49'er two years ago, met up with some other friends, and had a great time! This is really nice regional rally, and well worth attending. :thumb

Glenlivet and I are hoping the stars align and this takes place. It would be nice to meet other riders on our three month meandering trip from Vermont to Great Falls!

BugPre2020.jpg

2021 49'er Rally

What are the dates for the the 2021 49'er? It looks like Memorial Day is May 31, 2021 but the 49'er seems to be scheduled for the previous weekend, May 20-24.

Thanks. I'm just a simple Canadian hoping to get to my second 49'er. The 2019 rally was a blast!

Plan your Covad-free vacation around May 20-24, 2021 at the Mariposa, CA Fairgrounds on Highway 49 and enjoy the ride.

Sorry for being confused but I thought Memorial Day is May31 for 2021.

Sorry for being confused but I thought Memorial Day is May31 for 2021.

Yes it's true... Memorial Day 2021 is on Monday May 31.

Rally Date "Advertising Failure" on their part I guess.

2021 49'er Rally

Okay, I've figured it out. I received my "Sierra Grappler's Supporter Edition" poster for the 2020 rally. If I'd looked closer at it I would have read the dates, which have been changed to: May 26th-31st, 2021. I, like everyone else, hope it's a go!

Cheers all!

Never post anything at 2am.. Brain disconnected

The 2021 49er​ is scheduled for May 27-31.

Or just show up on Memorial Day weekend

49er registration is live-limited availability

Get your rally season started off right and come visit us at the 49er Rally! It’s the original rally that even predates the MOA. All the details and registration https://bmwnorcal.org/rally. Lots of great fun including Gs clinics by BlackSwan and some awesome speakers. We also expect a good turn out from the airheads and some vintage bikes as well

Back