• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally! Some good news about my daughter.

You hang in there, big guy.
I think about you and your family often, sending along good thoughts.
Encouraging news, I hope this continues.

:wave
Was anybody aware yesterday was giggle like crazy day?
Me neither.:ha
Yesterday she had the giggles all day, and she was really moving her arms.
She is only getting pain meds at night now, but we need to fatten her up. Her arms look bony, she lost a lot of blood and weight.
She also seems to be repeating words more when we talk to her.
I am not sure what that means but she seems pretty sharp.
Onward and upward.:dance

It is amazing how many calories healing takes. But the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all coming up, she will have many opportunities to gain weight.

Now that she is straight, her digestion will also be improved, so watch out. We had to cut back on Marilla's food after about 6 months.

I love the giggles, nothing can heal a mom and dad like daughter giggles.

I am so happy for all of you. It is a wonderful operation to have over with.

Rod

Update:

We had a checkup this week with her Neurologist.
He said my wife is smart, he is fairly sure I have a brain, and Rachael is doing well.
The incision is healed beautifully, she has been doing really well in therapy, and she started school this week, so Mom gets a break (kinda). She still has therapy 4 days a week, so my wife is busy picking her up from school and taking her.
She is sitting in a folding camp chair with the arms and a mesh cup holder at our dinner table every night (The Chair is a Sponge Bob original, if you must know).
Her feet are flat on the floor and she really seems to like it. She is grabbing at the table, and is eating fairly well. She also seems to be back on her normal sleep schedule, which is also good. Yesterday, the stander st school must have hurt her somehow, she flinched when I picked up her right leg and made the "booboo" face. I quickly put it back down and put her jammies on (on her, they won't fit me:nyah) and got her into bed.

She seems very happy in school and the only tears on the first day were from Mom a bit.
I guess we are back at as good as it gets right now, and I have almost 2 weeks off for Christmas.
Best wishes to everybody, and a joyous Holiday season.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

My heart really goes out to those that struggle daily to do the things most of us can do easily. I felt sorry for Christopher Reeves, who had more money than I will ever see and Robin Williams paying his medical bills, yet had to deal with being paralyzed. I feel especially sorry for those in that condition and not having the money or rich friends, that will be lonely and/or wanting this holiday season. If you see somebody in a wheel chair, or a "special needs" individual, make eye contact and say "Hi", it doesn't take much.
:nod

That's really great news and it sounds like you two get to spend a couple of weeks together for some father/daughter fun! Outstanding.

Thanks for the update!

What a wonderful Christmas it will be in your household, Roy! I'm so happy for you all.

Best,
Muriel

Thank you all. I am hoping it will still be wonderful after Christmas.
:ha
I also wish the same to all of you and yours for a beautiful Christmas.
She was a pistol tonight, she seems fairly happy lately.
Also, the Neurologist told us to lower the dose of seizure meds, which is a good sign in my book.
We have discontinued all supplements, and she seems fine. When she first was taking them, we saw differences when we stopped.
Now there appears no change, and we want to let her body try to heal itself, as much as possible.

Thanks for the positive update Roy. Hope you all have a good Christmas and I hope you get those Spongebob jammies you wanted.:laugh

Back