• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

I hope that size doesn't count. I was riding through the country (actually the Uwharrie National Forrest area) and came upon a cross roads with a location sign. I needed another "A" so I hope this truely little Abner will count. If so I think that I can score a bunch more "Ds"; I think that I need around 17 or so.

lil-abner.jpg

According to the Fall in Line challenge - That photo counts and meets the challenge "For this challenge, you must provide photographic proof of 5 or more motorcycle parked or positioned in a line"

:p

Bill.

The challenge is to "Fall in Line." That looks more like parked side-to-side. Perhaps that means the same thing at ASU? :wave

Cap "always the helpful Wildcat"

Instructions are pretty straightforward, Cap! Good Luck with that OCD thing.... :scratch

When Team Strange states a requirement, just follow the guidance explicitly. Do not color outside their lines... :thumb

So with the falls and canyon, it has to be in a town/city/state or metro park or can it be a trail eg Bridal Falls Trail inside a park?

With war items eg Custer, can we do multiples like Fort Custer National Cemetery, Fort Custer Training Center (national guard), Fort Custer Recreational Area and each score 50 points?

So with the falls and canyon, it has to be in a town/city/state or metro park or can it be a trail eg Bridal Falls Trail inside a park?

With war items eg Custer, can we do multiples like Fort Custer National Cemetery, Fort Custer Training Center (national guard), Fort Custer Recreational Area and each score 50 points?

The place to get your questions answered is coddiwomple@bmwmoa.org, however, I think the answers to your questions can be found in the rules and FAQs.

Finished up my Gold challenge today

I finally managed to finish off the Gold Challenge today. Now it's time to start picking off more challenges, have a couple of trips scheduled in the next 2 weeks as long as I can get a couple days off work.

Waiting for my map of Nova Scotia to arrive plus we're in lockdown here right now so my travel options are limited for a little while.

.... plus we're in lockdown here right now so my travel options are limited for a little while.

We can appreciate your Locked-Down status, SkiBum! We've been trying to get to Alaska for many many months now... Had not anticipated a move to Alabama - but hey! We'll fly to Anchorage instead, and rent Beemers this July. We're very frustrated with the Covid & Canada these days... But then, we're retired - Not Trying to start a B&B during a Global Pandemic! Bonne Chance with your endeavors!

Meanwhile, we'll be CoddiWomplin toward Montana and on-beyond....

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Bagged another 5 in a Row at the routine NAVMC Breakfast...
Five-in-a row-May21.jpeg

We're very frustrated with the Covid & Canada these days...

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Bagged another 5 in a Row at the routine NAVMC Breakfast...
View attachment 83550

Try being a Canadian living in the US with your kids, parents, siblings and nephews all living in Canada. I have not seen any of them in 1.5 years. So sad and heartbreaking....but Canada is doing the right thing to protect their citizens....as much as everyone hates it. They have had 24,000 deaths vs the US 579,000 from Covid. If you do the math, the US has had 35,000,000 cases and 1,716 deaths per million people. Canada has had 1.3 million cases and 656 deaths per million.

What photo sharing are you using?

Trying to figure out the best way to upload pictures and get individual links per photo. I've been just collecting photos so far but curious to know what's the best process for submitting them.

Trying to figure out the best way to upload pictures and get individual links per photo. I've been just collecting photos so far but curious to know what's the best process for submitting them.

That depends on a few things:
  1. DSLR or other hand-held camera, vs cell phone pics
    1. DSLR etc. - prefer Win, Mac, or Linux?
    2. Cell phone - Apple or Android?

Many services are common among platforms, some are more expensive than others, a bunch are free or included with your service plan.

If you're looking for a place to store photos online for easy access and as backup I recommend SmugMug which is a pay site which has different levels from basic user to full on professional. I've been using it for over 10 years and have over 15K photos hosted there. I find it invaluable for my pics and it makes it super easy for posting on forums etc. There is a $5 coupon you can you to sign up on my signature line.

That depends on a few things:
  1. DSLR or other hand-held camera, vs cell phone pics
    1. DSLR etc. - prefer Win, Mac, or Linux?
    2. Cell phone - Apple or Android?

Many services are common among platforms, some are more expensive than others, a bunch are free or included with your service plan.

I'm just using an iphone - my wife has a flicker account for our photos - just wanted an easy solution for submitting these photos as a linked image - maybe I need to figure out how to fo tha t in flicker.

Thanks,
Dean

I'm just using an iphone - my wife has a flicker account for our photos - just wanted an easy solution for submitting these photos as a linked image - maybe I need to figure out how to fo tha t in flicker.

Thanks,
Dean

You could also do it through your iCloud account - just have to set the images as "public" and then get the link to share it.

Points Standings and Musings.

I hope we see a leader board soon, if it isn’t too much trouble. I don’t know if I’m nailing it with my submissions or seriously behind other rally participants.

I am truly enjoying this rally. The somber moments when you stand in front of an airplane memorial, or look down the symmetrical rows of white marble tombstones at a national cemetery, or the frustration of not finding a town sign or anything indicating the town you are on, or the joy of finding one or more war plaques or a bonus town location that falls in your rally path! ❤️❤️❤️

Back