• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty fog riders rally 2013

Currently planning to attend in 2014 after retirement in the spring. It's been on my bucket list for a while now.

2009 was warm and sunny, every day. It was one picturesque ride. Probably cool at night, though.

Only thing that we can promise about the weather is that it will happen and that the rising/setting of the sun will occur. But, beyond that :dunno However, the food, good cheer and ever-present collective buoyancy always makes for a great time. Although, sunny and warm would really, really be nice eh? :brow - Bob

Thank you Mary and Bob!!
On a 1-10 scale unquestionably a 12
The whole event was grand - the riding, the camaraderie and climaxing with the views at Meat Cove

...All I want for Christmas....

... well; at least one thing I'm hoping for.... is a little more commentary from the Salty Fog'ers on this forum before the BIG 13 trip report!

It has been nigh 75 days since the last bone! It's winter already... gotta have a little something to plan & dream about for next time ya know.

Now back to the holiday joy....

"travel'n' john aka: "three bowl"
13 R1200RT... itch'n for the journey

... well; at least one thing I'm hoping for.... is a little more commentary from the Salty Fog'ers on this forum before the BIG 13 trip report!

It has been nigh 75 days since the last bone! It's winter already... gotta have a little something to plan & dream about for next time ya know.

Now back to the holiday joy....

"travel'n' john aka: "three bowl"
13 R1200RT... itch'n for the journey

ho ho John! Just sitting here in beautiful Key West and getting ready for the trip home. Would love to stay but much to do back home. AND, one of those things is putting the SFRR2013 Ride Report together. Lots of great pictures to choose from ..... especially the mackerel jigging journey on local boat the Get Kraken. So, it is coming. :lurk I think that the commentaries will emerge moreso at that time.

Every day was like this... well maybe a little wetter at times.

IMG_0455%20%28Large%29-L.jpg

ho ho John! Just sitting here in beautiful Key West and getting ready for the trip home. Would love to stay but much to do back home. AND, one of those things is putting the SFRR2013 Ride Report together. Lots of great pictures to choose from ..... especially the mackerel jigging journey on local boat the Get Kraken. So, it is coming. :lurk I think that the commentaries will emerge moreso at that time.

Kraken.jpg

Just for you John

Welcome to sunny Canada

mmmmmm Good!!
Forget the fish!

We made it this time!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas from Joysee.
Nick

And now you know under what conditions (sort of) the boat was named :brow A very capable vessel as well. Should be able to arrange such a trip again this year. - Bob

So your saying I need to bring a bottle of Kraken for my passage? :D:clap :ca

So your saying I need to bring a bottle of Kraken for my passage? :D:clap :ca

Not at all Bud. Kraken goes nice with all those bbq mackerel that you'll catch jiggin' though. Beverages remain modest while out fishing but post-sail is open territory! (tried to upload a couple of pics of our expedition but it seems that PhotoBucket is not letting me upload....so, later on that one) - Bob

Hello Mary and Bob,
How is the winter going in the great white north?
Paul

Warm today and if there was no salt on the roads it would be moderately pleasant for riding. Days are getting longer and soon ..... ta-da..... time to start putting the pieces of the 2014 rally together. Seems to be a great deal of interest this year. We are looking forward to it. And, the fishing expedition is a go again this year :thumb

(for those who haven't seen it yet....... http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?71390-Salty-Fog-Riders-Rally-2013-The-Report& )

Back