• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 International Rally to be in Des Moines, Iowa July 12-15, 2018

If you like to try local micro beers the Iowa Taproom is a good place to visit.
They have 120 Iowa beers on tap. A friend and I stopped to check it out on a bicycle ride this weekend.
It's 3 miles west on the fairground, near the Court Ave area.
https://iowataproom.com/

20170910_114605.jpg

20170910_114822.jpg

Lipstick's getting pretty thick here. Good food and drink is available almost anywhere, good roads not so much...

Best,
DG

Lipstick's getting pretty thick here. Good food and drink is available almost anywhere, good roads not so much...

Best,
DG

and the pig is looking better every day :)

Good food, good drink, nice people, 1,000's of BMW motorcycles, interesting places to see and great roads getting there!

It is not about the destination but the journey!

And I live 2 hours from some of the arguably best MC roads in the country!

How about as a 2018 Rally slogan: Yes the roads suck, but the food and people are fantastic! :dance

I agree, lots of lipstick. And, yes, there are interesting roads on the way, so why not just bypass the rally and continue to ride them. :wave

How about as a 2018 Rally slogan: Yes the roads suck, but the food and people are fantastic! :dance

I agree, lots of lipstick. And, yes, there are interesting roads on the way, so why not just bypass the rally and continue to ride them. :wave

How about "its not about the destination but the journey, the people and event at the destination are just the icing on the cake"

How about "its not about the destination but the journey, the people and event at the destination are just the icing on the cake"
+1

There will always be those who feel their glass is half empty. Life is, after all, what you make it - enjoy the ride and the people.

I was unable to make the Salt Lake City rally. But I was really interested in what the experience was like. What initially surprised me, but made a lot of sense afterwards, was that the riders I talked to, didn't ride once they got there. The heat was a factor sure...but they spent their time meeting people and looking at the exhibits. I suspect they would've done that, no matter where the rally was located.

There's a lot of good roads between here and Des Moines to enjoy. And a lot of good roads on the way back home.

BTW, there's a Des Moines in Washington state too. Come see. I'm sure there are lots of great roads between where you are and here. :)

Chris

I was unable to make the Salt Lake City rally. But I was really interested in what the experience was like. What initially surprised me, but made a lot of sense afterwards, was that the riders I talked to, didn't ride once they got there. The heat was a factor sure...but they spent their time meeting people and looking at the exhibits. I suspect they would've done that, no matter where the rally was located.:thumb

There's a lot of good roads between here and Des Moines to enjoy. And a lot of good roads on the way back home.

BTW, there's a Des Moines in Washington state too. Come see. I'm sure there are lots of great roads between where you are and here. :)

Chris

:rocker:rocker:rocker

I attend a Rally to "attend the Rally". Vendors, Seminars, Bikes, People, Food, etc.

Well ............. if location doesn't matter, just hold the 'national' in Madison Square Garden every year and be done with it. All the vendors, people, exhibits, seminars, etc. can fit in that. :scratch

Last edited:
Well ............. if location doesn't matter, just hold the 'national;' in Madison Square Garden every year and be done with it. All the vendors, people, exhibits, seminars, etc. can fit in that. :scratch

Hey I am originally from NJ just across the river ....NYC I am in! Great restaurants, good roads getting there and I can crash with friends in NJ. And hey you may even be able to catch a Yankee game! And yes location is simply a point on the map.

Hey I am originally from NJ just across the river ....NYC I am in! Great restaurants, good roads getting there and I can crash with friends in NJ. And hey you may even be able to catch a Yankee game! And yes location is simply a point on the map.

Counting you, that makes one for NYC.

Counting you, that makes one for NYC.

Nope that makes me up for where ever the MOA sets up camp. :dance And being recently retired I NOW have the time to attend even if greater than 1000 miles which was a limiting factor when I had to take time off. :thumb

Heck, I could take the MegaBus and avoid traffic and parking. Nifty.

Back