• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sena SMH10 and bluetooth dongle

Tonyfr

Are we there yet?
Has anyone been able to pair an iPhone 3GS and a bluetooth dongle to the SMH10 using version 4 of the firmware? I can pair the phone using the phone button setup, but I lose the dongle. I am using a Miccus BluBridge. (please don't say "search the forum").

** UPDATE **

Nevermind, will not pair with the two. I tried it with the multipoint pairing and I get mono music and no control over the phone. I'm just going to run the 3.5mm cable to my amp and just pair the phone.

Last edited:
SMH10 and Bluetooth Dongle

Has anyone been able to pair an iPhone 3GS and a bluetooth dongle to the SMH10 using version 4 of the firmware? I can pair the phone using the phone button setup, but I lose the dongle. I am using a Miccus BluBridge. (please don't say "search the forum").

** UPDATE **

Nevermind, will not pair with the two. I tried it with the multipoint pairing and I get mono music and no control over the phone. I'm just going to run the 3.5mm cable to my amp and just pair the phone.

I paired my iphone 4s using selective phone pairing (phone only no media pairing). I have a bluetooth transmitter that I use with my ipod and I paired it as media to the SMH10 with v4 software. Both work well. When I have a call, the music fades and comes back when the call is disconnected.

Make sure you pair the phone with selected phone pairing. I believe there is only one media pairing allowed. Selected phone pairing is done by holding the phone button on the SMH10 until pairing is enabled and than you tap the phone button again to go to selected phone pairing.

Media paring is done by holding the phone button until pairing is activated and you also set the bluetooth dongle to pairing. This should create a media pairing between the two.

JL

I tried that, worked once when first paired. Media pairing is phone/jog dial. Kept losing the dongle when powered off and back on. Are you using a seperate iPod (not the one on your phone)? Which dongle are you using?

Last edited:
Tried the pairing again. Seems to work now, but I have to turn the dongle on and off a few times until it connects after the unit has been turned off. I'll carry the 3.5mm cable just in case.

iPhone - selective pairing
Dongle - media pairing

I tried that, worked once when first paired. Media pairing is phone/jog dial. Kept losing the dongle when powered off and back on. Are you using a seperate iPod (not the one on your phone)? Which dongle are you using?

I am using a Britelink bluetooth transmitter. http://www.amazon.com/Britelink-Bluetooth-Audio-Transmitter-players/dp/B005HMT7QY/ref=pd_cp_e_1

I have had a few instances where I had to pair up the transmitter after the smh10 was turned off. I use an ipod classis with the transmitter. I have never had to re-pair my iphone.

JL

Tried the pairing again. Seems to work now, but I have to turn the dongle on and off a few times until it connects after the unit has been turned off. I'll carry the 3.5mm cable just in case.

iPhone - selective pairing
Dongle - media pairing
I received an email from Sena and they told me to power on the dongle last (dongle needs to pair TO the headset, not headset to dongle). Works fine now :brad.

Back