• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone from Florida?

Boca Raton

Boca Raton, FL - here for the last 8 years.

SWP

St. Johns, Florida

North St. Johns County (Fruit Cove) with my new '82 R100RT just purchased:thumb

So which Florida BMW'ers are heading to the rally?

Nice to see Florida is well represented with BMW riders:thumb

My wife and I are planning to ride (two-up) on our K1200LT from Orlando up to Johnson City for the rally. We are planning to leave on Tuesday, and arrive early afternoon on Wednesday (we'll be joining the volunteer army). We are going to camp while at the rally, but plan to stay in an inexpensive hotel on Tuesday night. My best guess is we'll end up in central or North Georgia Tuesday night. I'm looking at maps now, and planning a scenic route, hopefully on roads with less traffic. That's the plan....although it may change before the trip.

The purpose of this post is to see if any other Florida riders are making the journey North and would like to join us for the ride. It's always more fun to ride with a group. Depending on where everyone is, and what time they are planning on heading up, we can adjust our schedule to meet you along the way. So if you are intested, post up or email me. This is our very first rally, so we are both looking forward to the experience! We did manage to spend the weekend with the B3 (B-Cubed) group in Daytona, and it was a blast. :rocker

I'm in South Miami...... Anyone from S. Miami riding up to the National?

Weston FL here (Ft Lauderdale area). Anyone figured out a good scenic route up to the MOA Rally? I am planning on 2-3 days travel time before and after the rally.

JoeRadMan
2005 R1200RT

:bikes

Weston FL here (Ft Lauderdale area). Anyone figured out a good scenic route up to the MOA Rally? I am planning on 2-3 days travel time before and after the rally.

JoeRadMan
2005 R1200RT

I use a Garmin GPS, so I'd be happy to post the file of my intended route once I finalize it. I'll be heading up from Orlando with the wife, and I plan to make the ride over 2 days. I plan to avoid any I-States and congested roads, taking time to enjoy a nice scenic ride. Personally, I like curves and hills.
:groovy

I use a Garmin GPS, so I'd be happy to post the file of my intended route once I finalize it. I'll be heading up from Orlando with the wife, and I plan to make the ride over 2 days. I plan to avoid any I-States and congested roads, taking time to enjoy a nice scenic ride. Personally, I like curves and hills.
:groovy

Great! I am looking at options but would like to hear other ideas on route planning. Prefer the scenic route at the expense of time too. I have reserved a tent at the rally in Sherpaville. First MOA rally for me. :clap

JoeRadMan
05 R1200RT

Thanks for the thread. Looks like a few of us down in Florida planning on heading up to the rally. Hope to meet you there :thumb

Seems like more than a couple. I'll be posting a Garmin route file in a few days. It'll be based on my trek up from Orlando, but can easily be adapted to other locations in Florida. A very good friend who's Hog rider and lives in TN is giving me advice on the routing up his way. He's pretty familiar with most of the roads in and around East TN. He's looking for good roads, with lots of curves and elevation changes, lots of scenery, and limited traffic.

Hopefully we'll cross paths with a few of you fellow Floridians on the way up, but definately at the Rally. If most of us are camping, perhaps we should try for a "Florida" section!

JoeRadMan
2005 R1200RT

My folks live in Weston.....:D There is a loose group of riders assembling at Everglades Holiday Park (US 27 and Griffin Rd) on Sundays.....

out of town expert

Space Coast...Titusville; near THE National Seashore

Back