• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

HD to BMW convert from Kansas City, MO

sweetloudiamond

Hey all,
i recently traded in my Harley Road King for a new GS 1200 and havent looked back since!!

just wanted to drop in, introduce myself and my bluebird of a bike before i go and find a new seat for the silly thing:

nCEV4.jpg

g78z9.jpg

S4tD7.jpg

LOL...if you don't have another installed program, just use the MS Paint program in your accessories menu. Its basic, but lets you resize pics. Nice resolution, though...even down to the butterfly pasted into your oil cooler...welcome aboard!

And you picked the best color too! Congrats!

Any interest in getting it dirty? (they do wash up) If so, be sure to check out the GS Giants!

Welcome SLD

Don't let them give you toooo much grief about how clean she is... I see from the last pic that your Bluebird already swallowed a butterfly. :)

i spent a couple hours the day before on dirt roads, so these pics are about 5 mins after the car wash.

it's such a different ride than a 700+ lb harley that it's taking some getting used to before pulling off into a ditch and getting splashy :)

Nice;

I enjoyed my last Kansas crossing a few weeks ago. KC West to US24,US36 and so on across to the far NW corner of Kansas. Nice ride on my GSA1200. ENJOY your newfound freedom and GS lifestyle, as its indeed quite different from the HD world. Both are unique in their own way and worlds apart in riding and adventure:). You may find yourself wanting to explore more of the byways and this bike has "explore" written ALL over it. ! Randy:thumb

Kc

Lou,

Think about stopping by the Westport Flea Market the 27th to meet some of the KC Club folks. You might even be able to get some good advice on that new seat!
Don Hamblin
President, KC BMW Motorcycle Club

Rt/gs ??

Great pic's. Never too big. The color is WOW.
I jst got the RT in Midnight Blue and really had a hard time making up my mind....RT...GS....RT...GS. I chose the RT but when I see a GS I still get the flutters.
I love the long road though and can not wait to get bac out there for a few weeks, and then a few more.......
Be Safe

SweetLouDiamond, welcome to the site.
Your local dealer, Engle Motors is great to work with.

Lou,

Think about stopping by the Westport Flea Market the 27th to meet some of the KC Club folks. You might even be able to get some good advice on that new seat!
Don Hamblin

above copy and pasted

What time do you meet?

Lou,

Don Hamblin

What time do you meet on the 27th? Just curious, I live in Leavenworth County.
Thanks, Pat

Back