• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Drawing winners

One week away from the Number 1 Canoe Marathon in North America,
Possibly the World.

Wish I was up there, Wayne. It's been a few years since I raced it. I didn't ride at the time, but I do remember you had a BMW in the garage when Richard and I stayed in the garage in 2001.

Jerry Brown

That was Friday, no new drawings for Saturday?

Sorry I had to edit my answer, no the SuperStakes drawings were Friday, I don't believe there were any further drawings, at least not SuperStakes drawings, there may be other giveaways today, I'm not there.

"Wish I was up there, Wayne. It's been a few years since I raced it. I didn't ride at the time, but I do remember you had a BMW in the garage when Richard and I stayed in the garage in 2001."

Jerry Brown

My apologies to the thread.

Linda and Jerry Cochran are in town. Always have room in the shop. River is low and would be a great year for some Texas grinders to show them the way to Oscoda.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

I don't know why you'd need the receipt, it's only a copy. As long as you can prove that you are you, what's the problem? But I don't make the rules and I do have my receipt! (3686!) :thumb

I see my number

Got stuck in Devol. OK with a cracked rear bearing on my F800GS and never made it all the way up, so seeing a winning number (5082) has got to be a good sign, right?:groovy

I will be contacting all the winners next week. Trying to get home from the rally now, but finalizing all the prizes will be the first priority. You won't need your ticket. We have all the numbers and buyers recorded.

We are also working on posting a complete list of winners and prizes. Just a little difficult to do today getting off the rally grounds and finishing the load out.

Congratulations to all our winners and my sincere thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket. I hope you had fun!

I will be contacting all the winners next week. Trying to get home from the rally now, but finalizing all the prizes will be the first priority. You won't need your ticket. We have all the numbers and buyers recorded.

We are also working on posting a complete list of winners and prizes. Just a little difficult to do today getting off the rally grounds and finishing the load out.

Congratulations to all our winners and my sincere thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket. I hope you had fun!

Thank You for all you do! :buds

I'm just sayn , I've never seen a raffle run this way. Usually it's , " this is for a hat and the number is 3333, this is for a bike and the number is 3334." All done in public . Never have I seen prizes awarded a week later in private with the NAMES and numbers together. I'm just sayn.

What do you mean in private? The raffle was conducted in public at the rally and it was broadcast live on the internet. The ticket numbers and names and what prize was announced. I actually logged in right in the middle of hearing my name called. There also was a live chat where I spoke to a few really excited and nice people who told me what I had won! Nothing done in private, AFAIK. Of course it will take some time to post the names and corresponding prizes as the rally organizers still have a lot of work to do, and most of them have to ride home. We are only waiting for a comprehensive listing. The winning numbers have been posted in this thread also.

What do you mean in private? The raffle was conducted in public at the rally and it was broadcast live on the internet. I actually logged in right in the middle of hearing my name called. There also was a live chat where I spoke to a few really excited and nice people who told me what I had won! Nothing done in private, AFAIK. Of course it will take some time to post the names and corresponding prizes as the rally organizers still have a lot of work to do, and most of them have to ride home. But the ticket numbers and names and what prize was already made public. We are only waiting for a comprehensive listing. The winning numbers have been posted in this thread also.

, numbers , and prizes at the same time in public ... whats not to understand. Looks to me like numbers were picked and later prizes were awarded to these numbers . What am I missing ? maybe I got it wrong.

where is it posted that the drawings were going to be live on the internet ? that would have nice to know in advance.
Can someone at MOA explain this to me ?
Rod

You do have it wrong. Please read what I wrote above. The prize was ANNOUNCED, the numbers DRAWN, and the WINNER was named all at the same time IN PUBLIC at the rally, and also broadcast LIVE on the internet.

You can't get more public than that. Again, we're only waiting for the names and prizes to be posted, They were already announced publicly.

where is it posted that the drawings were going to be live on the internet ? that would have nice to know in advance.
Can someone at MOA explain this to me ?
Rod

I saw it mentioned here and then logged into it. I was away from home and had a crappy internet connection and it was continually buffering, but I saw it well enough to see and hear my name called.

The prizes were all drawn in order as listed in the magazine. Each prize had a specific corresponding winner and number. Many of the winners names were announced live on Friday night. Some we couldn't look up fast enough to inform the crowd, but each person has a specific ticket number and those numbers were posted for each prize as it was drawn.

All of this was done in public at the Rally, webcast and video tapped for verification. The prize list with winners is being posted shortly as soon as everyone can get off the road and in front of a computer. In fact, I just sent the complete list over to Vince to post as soon as possible after three different people triple checked the numbers, names and prizes to make sure there would be no confusion or discrepancies.

I can appreciate the concern if you did not see it live or only read about it here recently. This process is the same as a lottery drawing where a number is announced and the winner comes forward with a winning ticket number in hand to claim the prize. Since some did not have their ticket or forgot their numbers, we were working quickly to verify all the names and tickets so that winners can be informed or claim their prize. The only thing that is taking place "behind the scenes" is the verification of identities of winners, W-2 forms, prize claim instructions, etc. and I am sure everyone agrees that this personal information should be kept private.

All the winners should be up on the web in the very near future. Again, congratulations to all the winners. It was a really fun night!

???

, numbers , and prizes at the same time in public ... whats not to understand. Looks to me like numbers were picked and later prizes were awarded to these numbers . What am I missing ? maybe I got it wrong.

Were you at the rally? How much more public can it get?

Sheeezzz

Back