• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Here's the truth in a nut-shell....

This is going to be an awesome event in 2021 esp since some of us have been coop up for to long.

A Pie Road! A Ice Cream Social! AND inexpensive Great Beer with Montana Mermaids... including good music!

Is this Heaven...

2021 rally

Well...the numbers are coming in from the Sturgis rally, and they are not good. N Dak has highest per capita COVID in nation. All mid west is in a COVID surge. Thank you MOA leadership for helping us dodge a bullet!
On a positive note , two firms have vaccine breakthroughs. Maybe our 2021 rally will happen after all. I for one, did an 11 week odyssey on a 1972 water buffalo in 1973 when I was 21. I want to bookend that in 2021 when I will be 69. Twelve weeks seems about right. There are still a few spots in this great country that I haven't seen. { Spent a month in Alaska, and don't care about Hawaii}
Would be a great last hurrah. Let's hope it happens.

MADDOG Nat BG Chair:drink " The beer must flow"

Well...the numbers are coming in from the Sturgis rally, and they are not good. N Dak has highest per capita COVID in nation. All mid west is in a COVID surge. Thank you MOA leadership for helping us dodge a bullet!
On a positive note , two firms have vaccine breakthroughs. Maybe our 2021 rally will happen after all. I for one, did an 11 week odyssey on a 1972 water buffalo in 1973 when I was 21. I want to bookend that in 2021 when I will be 69. Twelve weeks seems about right. There are still a few spots in this great country that I haven't seen. { Spent a month in Alaska, and don't care about Hawaii}

I hope you make that, Maddog - I really do. :thumb

Pretty sure, that now that you are sporting a Team Pterodactyl sticker, you are immune to all forms of communicable diseases.

Annie and I are planning for a trip to Newfoundland next September if things seem under control and the border is open.

WOW ... 12 weeks sounds like a blast! Hoping you get in every mile of it. While I have ridden in all the lower 48 states I have never done a cross country (true coast to coast) trip and hoping the Great Falls event will allow me to check that off my list. Had planned it for 2020 but we all know how that worked out. This is such a large and amazing country every time a cross a state I find new and interesting stuff to see and roads to ride. Hoping all the very positive vaccine news pans out as they are very optimistic on the delivery of the vaccine.

At a mere 69 Maddog, you are certainly young enough to explore and complete a twelve week ride.

It certainly doesn't need to be a last hurrah. May I suggest in 2022 at the young age of 70, take a similar ride through the ten Canadian provinces on your way to the Beer Garden. Your USD will give you a good bang for your buck with our exchange rate.

See you in Montana!

Paul

canada provinces

HI Paul

Coming out of Alaska, I took Canada Rte 1 all the way to Winnepeg. That completed all provinces . Fully enjoyed the beauty of the Canadian Rockies and even the plains!
MADDOG

WOW ... 12 weeks sounds like a blast! Hoping you get in every mile of it. While I have ridden in all the lower 48 states I have never done a cross country (true coast to coast) trip and hoping the Great Falls event will allow me to check that off my list. Had planned it for 2020 but we all know how that worked out. This is such a large and amazing country every time a cross a state I find new and interesting stuff to see and roads to ride. Hoping all the very positive vaccine news pans out as they are very optimistic on the delivery of the vaccine.

When this Health Pandemic IS finally behind us. We'll ALL be crossing paths... Coast to Coast and 12 Weeks may be the norm!

Pandemic permitting Glenlivet and I are planning on setting out for the rally in mid-April heading for the southwest while the temps are tolerable then working our way to the coast and a generally northward path. Hope to meet others along the way as we pass through their turf. Be sure to flag us down; we’re hard to miss!

0F7C1605-18CB-4A46-87D6-3A25A2F8B185.jpeg

Pandemic permitting Glenlivet and I are planning on setting out for the rally in mid-April heading for the southwest while the temps are tolerable then working our way to the coast and a generally northward path. Hope to meet others along the way as we pass through their turf. Be sure to flag us down; we’re hard to miss!

View attachment 81160

I LOVE this picture!

Exactly, and how cool it would be if we met up crossing the country with other MOA members.

FirstMap-X2.png

Back