• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

The rally just ended for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtommy

Because some idiot decided to shoot up a movie theatre in Colorado.

Today looks like the best weather day too....it was 77 degrees when I left the hotel this morning. I should have camped. Uggh.

I had a better time than I thought I would have. MOA and volunteers should be proud.

:wave

???

Am I the only one who was not able to figure out what a shooting in Colorado had to do with a rally in Missouri to a guy in Illinois?

Rally Ending

I used to be on a "Critical Incident Response Team" that helped out with the consequences of incidents such as the shooting. The Red Cross also has a Disaster Mental Health group that could get called out for such an event (my team got called for Colombine). I can easily see someone "having the Rally end for them" if their job involved responding to evil incidents as this shooting.....-Matt Parkhouse, RN

From his profile:

About tvtommy

Occupation
Network Television Satellite Engineer

Since I just watched the network evening news broadcast live from Aurora, I'm guessing he wished he left his cell phone at home.

I guess I can understand someone having a job where you are always "on call" to a certain extent. Sux when you can't make plans to go to a rally 3 or 4 states away without worrying about having to go back right after you get there. For a family emergency, sure, but not for work.

Tv is not a glam job. :)

In the ten years I have been with my network, a vacation has only been interrupted one other time, and that's when Reagan died. Not Bad odds I guess.

I did have a great time while I was there. Dropped the bike at a friends Place in KC and drove to Lincoln. Met our production truck. We finish the drive and start working tomorrow.

From his profile:

About tvtommy

Occupation
Network Television Satellite Engineer

Since I just watched the network evening news broadcast live from Aurora, I'm guessing he wished he left his cell phone at home.

You are so correct.

Thank you tvtommy!

We'll lift a glass to you in the beer tent tomorrow night!

Safe travels.

Voni

I guess I can understand someone having a job where you are always "on call" to a certain extent. Sux when you can't make plans to go to a rally 3 or 4 states away without worrying about having to go back right after you get there. For a family emergency, sure, but not for work.

It sucks worse when you have a job that is boring. I'm thankful I never have.

Because some idiot decided to shoot up a movie theatre in Colorado.

Today looks like the best weather day too....it was 77 degrees when I left the hotel this morning. I should have camped. Uggh.

I had a better time than I thought I would have. MOA and volunteers should be proud.

:wave

So, a bunch of people were killed and we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you put it on the news?

Why

Why do some people on this forum have to be just plain nasty. It's ok if you feel that way about someone I hope it made you feel better to post such an unkind remark on this forum.

Yeah I didn't mean to make it sound nasty. I just think it's too bad to have a job where what you do is so irreplaceable that no one else can step in and do it. I suppose that is good "job security" and if you love doing it, so be it, hey it's YOUR job. It would be kind of neat to have to go "intercept" your crew at some odd location of the country. Sounds like he got the "bulk" of the rally in, just not the grand finale and drawings.
I never really got the impression he was looking for pity.

Gilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back