• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Camping at Lebanon?

oldcamper

Hanging in there
Has anyone scoped out the camping or RV areas at the 2019 Wilson Co Fairgrounds rally site?
Any comments on grass or shade trees or maybe the number of RV sites? Will this be a good site for campers or should we look for off-site accommodations?

Well I am hoping for better conditions than the interment or POW camps in the other Lebanon. :scratch

Friedle

There are hundreds of RV sites all with electricity and water. None have sewer connections, but pump out service will be available. There are more RV sites than we need and it looks to be a very favorable setup for us. Details and RV registration should be online Feb 1.

There is also a ton of grass area and plenty of room for tents. Shade trees area a little harder to come by, but there are some shady areas along the tree lines. The trees tend to be farther away from “rally central,” but shade is available.

The fairground is very spacious. I don’t think you will need to look anywhere else for camping.

Thank you Ted,

Google maps and the Wilson Fairgrounds website didn't provide much detail on camping/RV accommodations. Nice to know there is plenty of space.

Thanks Ted - we have reservations at the KOA just down the road from the Ag Center because their website didn't offer much info. That KOA is already filling up. I'll wait to make final plans once registration opens up. Hopefully they will have more camping information available.

Virtually no shade what so ever at the Fairgrounds. Depending on the weather, some of you Yankees might find sleeping in 80 deg nights a bit of a challenge. Just for fun, we throw in 80% humidity too.......... :thumb

Cedars of Lebanon is where *I* would go to camp. Lots of shade, quiet campground. Not too far from the Fairgrounds.

My .o2

Cedars of Lebanon is where *I* would go to camp. Lots of shade, quiet campground. Not too far from the Fairgrounds.

My .o2

Looks like a nice place and only 10 miles from the fairgrounds.
The park has 9 cabins.
https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cedars-of-lebanon

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m26!1m12!1m3!1d61307.1576716365!2d-86.30126080577183!3d36.140738464944256!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!4m11!3e6!4m5!1s0x88641ff3424f107b%3A0x2eaff3e993a47ac!2sWilson+County+Fair%2C+East+Baddour+Parkway%2C+Lebanon%2C+TN!3m2!1d36.1982995!2d-86.27263579999999!4m3!3m2!1d36.085862899999995!2d-86.32422059999999!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1545331216171" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought it looked good too. I have one of the cabins rented for the time of the Rally.

Pretty good information already in the above thread (Thank you Ted!). As mentioned there is a lot of grass and as is the case with most fairgrounds some shade. The earlier arrivals will always get that. My experience is that some like to be close, some like to be far away and some even like to be down the road. This site offers all of those options. Cedars of Lebanon is a state park and of course the KOA and others are not far away if you don't mind riding back and forth to the rally. For those that prefer to stay on site (like me) there will be plenty of options for both tents and RV's.

As previously mentioned there are over 100 RV connections on the fairgrounds (yep, that should do it!). We will start with an area that includes about 250 sites in a location that will be the most convenient to rally central. In the event that we need more space we can work out from there. Included in those initial 250 sites there are both 30 & 50 amp connections. Shade? Honestly not much in the RV area, again open fairgrounds by design do not have a lot of trees.

For the tent campers there will be at least two main areas defined. Those areas have a number of trees but again these are large open areas of nice grass with some mature trees along the edges for the most part. There will be other areas available around the fairground (only a small number of off limit areas) and if what usually happens happens again, attendees will find their perfect spot to call home!

I hope this helps answer some questions. I will try to get some photos on my next visit there and post some here. I am confident that whether you are a hotel, motel, RV or tent camper this site will accommodate you. In any case, make your plans now to be at the Scoot, Bootn' Boogie!

My suggestion for campers is to bring a tarp to provide partial or whole, shade for your tent. I use an MSR Parawing that covers my entire 2 man tent from rain or shine... YMMV

Virtually no shade what so ever at the Fairgrounds. Depending on the weather, some of you Yankees might find sleeping in 80 deg nights a bit of a challenge. Just for fun, we throw in 80% humidity too.......... :thumb

My .o2

Thanks for the tip...RV reservation made at Cedars.

Camping

My 2 cents ( if markets keep dropping might be 1 cent ) for me staying off site I would feel like I was missing over 1/2 of the rally. Due to some physical limitations it’s much less painful if I walkabout, look and socialize in short bursts with sitting and possible napping time in between. Many of the activities are in evening or after dark which means ride after dark or skip stuff. Tennessee State Parks are very nice and I am sure Cedars is also. The map posted by Lee shows park 10 miles away with 17 minute drive. Tennessee seems to me to have lots of speed zones designed to collect revenue, a state park 10 miles from town, I would drive carefully and watch for speed limit changes at the bottom of hills, after curves etc.
Last tent camping is free on the fairgrounds I can take the money I save and buy ice to keep stuff cold!

Pretty good information already in the above thread (Thank you Ted!). As mentioned there is a lot of grass and as is the case with most fairgrounds some shade. The earlier arrivals will always get that. My experience is that some like to be close, some like to be far away and some even like to be down the road. This site offers all of those options. Cedars of Lebanon is a state park and of course the KOA and others are not far away if you don't mind riding back and forth to the rally. For those that prefer to stay on site (like me) there will be plenty of options for both tents and RV's.

As previously mentioned there are over 100 RV connections on the fairgrounds (yep, that should do it!). We will start with an area that includes about 250 sites in a location that will be the most convenient to rally central. In the event that we need more space we can work out from there. Included in those initial 250 sites there are both 30 & 50 amp connections. Shade? Honestly not much in the RV area, again open fairgrounds by design do not have a lot of trees.

For the tent campers there will be at least two main areas defined. Those areas have a number of trees but again these are large open areas of nice grass with some mature trees along the edges for the most part. There will be other areas available around the fairground (only a small number of off limit areas) and if what usually happens happens again, attendees will find their perfect spot to call home!

I hope this helps answer some questions. I will try to get some photos on my next visit there and post some here. I am confident that whether you are a hotel, motel, RV or tent camper this site will accommodate you. In any case, make your plans now to be at the Scoot, Bootn' Boogie!

Vance - Thanks for all the info on camping. Do you know if the fairgrounds allow K9s in the Camping area ? We would consider changing to onsite if me wife can have the doggies with us.

My suggestion for campers is to bring a tarp to provide partial or whole, shade for your tent. I use an MSR Parawing that covers my entire 2 man tent from rain or shine... YMMV

Be sure to use glow-in-the-dark guy lines if camping near to others. :)

IMG_0549%20-%20Version%202-X2.jpg

Guy lines

My tent has reflective guy lines, plus the dollar store has 10 light led strings that run on 2AA batteries that will shine for a long time. I also have some longer strings of lights led battery powered that I attach to guy lines, makes the lines visible at night, also can attract hippies :)

3F1A0231-1274-40F3-9DFB-F535D1905D88.jpeg

8A46AE57-827D-46CA-8307-3603BF23D623.jpeg

No self respecting actual hippie would be caught, other than dead, near that tent. Check out the worn out Timberline or teepee instead. :) :dance

Friedle

Hanging yellow "crime scene" tape off the guy lines lets you find your tent AND keeps the curious outside. If the tent is old and well used, it might be a hippie. :thumb

Back