• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pressure sensors

I am going to change the rear tire on my 2010 K13GT. Can I just go ahead like I've always done, or is there a trick that I need to know so I don't damage my tire pressure sensor? I think that it is attached to the filler stem, inside the tire. Is this correct?

Thanks.

I am going to change the rear tire on my 2010 K13GT. Can I just go ahead like I've always done, or is there a trick that I need to know so I don't damage my tire pressure sensor? I think that it is attached to the filler stem, inside the tire. Is this correct?

Thanks.

You simply need to anticipate where the sensor is and arrange to dismount/mount the tire so there is no need for the bead to be in the dropped center at that location. Once you break the bead, start in that vicinity with side one. Then with side two make sure the bead is past the sensor before you start levering.

Thanks Paul. So am I correct when I said that the sensor is attached to the filler stem?

The sensor is about 2.5 inches long by 3/4 inch wide. The stem is attached near one end of the sensor so it sticks out along the wheel a little one way and a bit more the other. As long as you avoid needing the bead in the drop center within 6 to 8 inches of the stem you should be OK. Also, when manipulating the tire beads make sure they slip clear of the sensor toward or away from the rim as the case may be going on or off.

Back