• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

35% Discount on BMW Parts

There is something perverse about BMW charging outrageous prices for parts, as well as having discriminatory pricing between NA and other parts of the world and the MOA exploiting the situation by claiming short-term, limited-scope discounts as a member benefit. It has the appearance of a conflict of interest. Effectively the MOA benefits from the abusive BMW NA pricing policy. Members get a short-lived discount but at the price of paying excessively on an indeterminate basis. BMW carries on confident that its captive club will not object.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Just curious here...

Judging by the majority of your posts, do you hate everything? :laugh

Just curious here...

Judging by the majority of your posts, do you hate everything? :laugh

I have come to observe that those wishing to rebut my posts, but having no substantive argument available to them, resort to this type of comment and/or innuendo.

As a consumer my job is to judge the quality and price of that which I consume. When I see deficiencies and/or excessive charging I say so. Staying silent only contributes to a bad situation persisting. If you check the conditions necessary for a functioning free market competitive economy you will find that an inherent prerequite is that consumers are informed. BMW owners should avail themselves of the fullest possible information. Some choose not to out of some sense of "loyalty" to the brand. But the brand has no loyalty to the owners - only to the shareholders.

POST SCRIPT

I should have written:
"I have come to observe that those wishing to rebut my posts, but having no substantive argument available to them, resort to ad hominem comments and/or innuendo.

Ad hominem.jpg

POST POST SCRIPT

The intention or impact of ad hominen attacks is often to have a chilling effect on those who might otherwise post similar or sympathetic comments.

Last edited:
I have come to observe that those wishing to rebut my posts, but having no substantive argument available to them, resort to this type of comment and/or innuendo.

So I'm not the first one to notice, eh? Just basing my comments on my observations. I'd call that substantive. "If it walks like a duck..."

I would look up the retail prices of the parts online so you have an idea of what they cost. I have receipts from BMW motorcycle parts I have purchased that show a discount but the retail price was raised the amount of the discount & I paid the full retail price thinking I got a discount.

I use aftermarket repair parts on my BMW and Mercedes vehicles whenever available, usually at considerable savings compared to OEM. For example, a $65 starter is working as well as the $400 OEM, as is the $140 EGR valve compared to the nearly $800 OEM.

Still, I appreciate the 35% MOA member discount as it is significant, and don’t remember BMW doing anything like this before. Maybe they are trying to clear inventory for tax purposes? Regardless, this offer could be of considerable benefit to MOA members who don’t have the desire or opportunity to use aftermarket repair parts. It is definitely a good thing.

Cycle Center of Denton Texas is honoring the deal. Ordered some items to get over the $500 threshold and the the 35% mark and it's a done deal. Just have to wait a little bit for the parts to come in. One major part is in the U.S. so I don't have to wait on the slow boat from Germany on it!

https://www.cyclecenterofdenton.com/

SS

Thank you for following through with your feedback Stephen. Yours and others feedback help us out quite a bit. I’ll be using your report in our upcoming board meeting next weekend.

Thank you for following through with your feedback Stephen. Yours and others feedback help us out quite a bit. I’ll be using your report in our upcoming board meeting next weekend.

FYI: the dealer closest to me (Street Cycles in Maine) isn't participating. MaxBMW in NH is participating but said the discount wouldn't apply to a replacement seat since that is a "Comfort" item and is excluded from the program. I asked if the seat fell into the discount BMW NA is offering for gear and apparel and they said no.

FYI: the dealer closest to me (Street Cycles in Maine) isn't participating. MaxBMW in NH is participating but said the discount wouldn't apply to a replacement seat since that is a "Comfort" item and is excluded from the program. I asked if the seat fell into the discount BMW NA is offering for gear and apparel and they said no.

There are some similar comments on the MOA website where the announcement of the discount appears - one must click on the ad and then on "COMMENTS" to see them.

There seems to be some inconsistencies in how the discount is being applied. A BMW seat is a BMW seat is a BMW seat. Note the following post on the MOA Facebook group.

MOA Seat Discount.jpg

The discount reminds me of the old joke.

"A man comes upon another man who is repeatedly hitting his thumb with a hammer. When asked why he’s beating his thumb to a pulp, the man with the hammer replies, “Because it feels so good when I stop!” "

The discount feels good while it lasts for those who are able to take advantage of it but only because they have been paying too much all along for BMW parts.

It is unprecedented today how strong the dollar is compared to the euro.

BMW USA can afford the discounts and BMW loves getting dollars.

Back