• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Question? K bike vs. R bike?

Dude, If we ever meet on The Tail of The Dragon, you'll get your eyes opened! The K1200LT handles a whole lot better than one would realize just by looking at it!

The Dragon? There are so many better roads than that poser pike...
And the CLC handles better than an LT... All about torque and low center of gravity...

It say plenty masked man. :stick

Now if ya wanna talk low speed handling... I'll concur. But not to an LT. :D

:ha

People have soooo much wrapped up into their choice of bike. It's funny.* :D

I'll spare you what I think of the cruiser. :whistle

* as, I'd bet, do I.

People have soooo much wrapped up into their choice of bike. It's funny.

Only thing wrapped up in mine is fuel, tires and a direction.
I could care less as to what others think of my choices.

My postings in no way reflect my "real life" decisions.
It must be true... I read it on the "Internets"...

OK... moderator hat here.

Enough. All of you go to your rooms, and you're not coming out until you learn to behave..

deilenberger OK... moderator hat here.

Enough. All of you go to your rooms, and you're not coming out until you learn to behave..
Today 12:50 AM

Knary started it.....Why do we have to go to our rooms? :scratch :p

OK... moderator hat here.

Just for the record - Scott and I have this conversation ALL the time. I actually believe if we instantly swapped bike allegiances we'd carry on from our new opposite positions without missing a beat. No Oilheads or K-Bikes were harmed in the making of these insults. :buds

Despite its ungainly appearance, I think the GS is one of the best road bikes out there.
(And I don't own one)

People have soooo much wrapped up into their choice of bike. It's funny.* :D
* as, I'd bet, do I.

Yup. Some are more vehement than others. Makes a body wonder if there is something curious driving that burning need to self-justify.

Just for the record - Scott and I have this conversation ALL the time. I actually believe if we instantly swapped bike allegiances we'd carry on from our new opposite positions without missing a beat. No Oilheads or K-Bikes were harmed in the making of these insults. :buds

:nod

g' mornin', Greg :wave

Awww... can ya Feel(er) the love! :fight :hug

"C"s rule! hahahahaaha!

I am looking into buying a used mid to late 90's early 2000 bike. I have been told k bikes would be a better choice. Any opions out there of which bike to consider? I have found several late 90's bike with low milage under 40k, both k and r. I am looking at mid range touring, 1k miles one way, and a daily commuter 70 mile round trip.

Any input would be great.

I owned other bikes, no BMW's, and currently riding around on an '03 KLR, drove 850 miles up from MX city to San Antonio. What a ride.

Thanks, CN

Do you plan on keeping your KLR?
Do you want to ride off pavement somewhat comfortably?
Or will this new bike supplement the KLR?

I'd vote for a R1100GS or R1150GS and not just because I ride one. :D
Good for touring.
Better than the other beemers on unpaved roads.
Good for commuting and sporty stuff.
And it offers a lot of air-flow, something I'd bet you want in Texas.
Think of it as a GIANT comfie stoutly built KLR. :D

How much were you hoping to spend?

size matters

How tall are you? If you are short of stature, better to consider the "C" or "R" bike as the GS is not easy to control once you come to a stop. The "K" seat height is not too short eaither. At least the R has a lowering kit option.

On your C's, did you install the optional telegraph line so that the front wheel could send you morse code about what it's doing? :ha

Ummmm... Huh? Ohhh... More heterogeneous humor. Clever.

I wonder... Is that option chromed?

I must add though I'm a little envious of the GS sand angels I've come across on trails...
Such beauty. So elegant.

Ummmm... Huh? Ohhh... More heterogeneous humor. Clever.

I wonder... Is that option chromed?

I must add though I'm a little envious of the GS sand angels I've come across on trails...
Such beauty. So elegant.

Some of us don't have a bike with a crutch. :D

Back