• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS-911 Value

The Wetheads need the newer red GS911 unit.
I think they have a $300 unit that connects to a laptop with a USB cable.

What Samsung tablet do you have that can be connected to a yellow GS911 using a USB?

I connect my yellow GS-911 to my Samsung Tab 8.4 using BlueTooth when I travel. It will read all of the fault codes and reset them It just won't reset the service date.

If you aren't sure about the price of the GS-911, look at the Motoscan app for Android, $45 for the ultimate app and $80 for a quality OBDScan MX (unfortunately neither my elm327 clone nor my blue driver worked)

With it I reset my service reminder and set my date that was off since disconnecting the battery to install the AF-XIED, poked around in the data and noticed I can even change the coding of options, don't think the F700GS has something available I don't have but I could turn things off, so that writing of coding works.

Some ECUs are already supported for displaying adaptation values, mine isn't yet.

You might wanna check, ultimate of Motoscan I think is unlimited bikes, even if it wasn't it's a great deal at $135 if you need the obdscan as well, for older bikes you'd also need the OBD2 to 10pin adapter.
That I think is true value as the GS911 does offer more and after a while I wouldn't use much other than service reminders and trouble code reading.
That's $265 that can go towards something else.
Aside that GS911 has the 2017 models still on shirt term goals on roadmap while Moto Scan already supports me.

Google app market mentions needing a specific adapter to be able to bleed abs brakes, so check that if you do want to do your own brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I connect my yellow GS-911 to my Samsung Tab 8.4 using BlueTooth when I travel. It will read all of the fault codes and reset them It just won't reset the service date.

Forgot about that. My yellow GS911 was a USB version.

I am sure that did not include parts.

4L of oil@18.00 L 72.00

Oil Filter 22.00

Crush washer 3.00

So you have 97.00 parts.
And Labor 98.00

So 195+ dollars for a oil change.

I will pay them a 1/2 hour labor and let them upgrade my software.

My 15 has not been touched since the 600 mile communication with the Mother Ship.

Runs just fine. I know I am not on the latest revision but I am OK with that. I feel as long as my bike runs fine with no error codes life is good.

How often do you think software changes?

I'm with Lee on this one. Bought my GS in March '14 and aside from the 600 mile check and a couple of recalls, the bike has been maintained by me exclusively. I've never lost a moment's sleep wondering if a software update is available. Perhaps the next time it's in for a recall (yeah, I'm being a bit pessimistic) I'll ask them to update the software. In fact, I wonder if that's something they would check when they have the bike in for recall anyway.

Back