• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gsi Outdoors Macro Table

ChrisF

Long Gone
My wife gave me a JetBoil stove for Christmas (thanks, wife!). My on-line research revealed that many owners think it is relatively unstable. As many of you know, picnic tables at many rallies are made of unobtainium, so I started searching for a small table.

I became interested in GSI Outdoors tables. On-line pricing varied from $35-$45.

I went to Gander Mountain yesterday to get some JetBoil fuel cannisters, and found the Macro Table on sale for $19.97. I almost forgot to get the fuel cannisters!

It will be a while before this table gets some "real-world" use, but I wanted to post this now because of the bargain price. Here are some initial observations:
1. Initial set-up took me about three minutes, take-down about half that.
2. The table is relatively stable - on the kitchen floor.
3. The legs fold - there is no individual height adjustment for uneven ground.
4. The 20-pound weight limit looks like it's primary due to the joints for the leg extensions. Keep you elbows off this table!
5. Abrasion of the shock cords might be a problem over time.

A camp table may be a mini-luxury, but I ride solo and have the room. Now if I can just figure out how to use the JetBoil French press...

Table

I've used the smaller version of the same table for several years when wilderness canoe camping. Slick design, no problems with stability or wear.

The coffee press is pretty simple on the jetboil - where are you having a problem?

I've used the smaller version of the same table for several years when wilderness canoe camping. Slick design, no problems with stability or wear.

The coffee press is pretty simple on the jetboil - where are you having a problem?

Thanks for the comments on your table - it seemed like a good design to me, too.

I'm not having a problem with the coffee press - I haven't even used it yet. I was thinking more about the details: what coffee (coarse grind), how much, how long to brew, etc. In short, all those things that make a good cup of coffee. I figure if I can make a decent brew at home, it will taste that much better while camping.:thumb

Just so you know, there is a three legged stand for the Jet Boil. It makes it very stable. Another simple way to make it stable is use a small bean bag or something like that to set it on. No need to purchase anything real big. One final word to those of you who have the jet boil. This stove does not perform well in temperatures below 20 degrees F and altitude has also been reported as problem as well. Don't get me wrong, I love the stove but just not for cold weather camping.

Back