• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post A Picture of Your Thumper

The Real Thumper

sorry...:laugh kinda :whistle

miss our 650 so this is the best I could do considering the season

I'm out:bolt

Attachments

• Thumper-1-lg.jpg
    Thumper-1-lg.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 625
A Thumper of a different color

Not many places you can't go on this X

Attachments

• SANY0025.jpg
    SANY0025.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 589
Here's my '03...it's in the MOA flea market.

Attachments

• F650GS.jpg
    F650GS.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 537
Here's mine

Here's the 2001 I bought a few weeks ago. It came with Happy Vally panniers, they're not on in this picture. I'm playing around with windshields trying to get a quieter ride. Looking forward to it drying up so that I can try her out.

Bill BillBMWF650GS.jpg

Here's the 2001 I bought a few weeks ago. It came with Happy Vally panniers, they're not on in this picture. I'm playing around with windshields trying to get a quieter ride. Looking forward to it drying up so that I can try her out.

Bill View attachment 23599

That windscreen you have is about as good as it gets. It just needs a pair of braces at the lower edge to prevent buffeting. Also, it does not have a sharp edge to hit you in the face when you run into something immovable.

Brace.jpg

That windscreen you have is about as good as it gets. It just needs a pair of braces at the lower edge to prevent buffeting. Also, it does not have a sharp edge to hit you in the face when you run into something immovable.

Brace.jpg

Where did you get the braces from? I'd be interested in seeing a better picture, and knowing where to get them.

Cheers,

Bill

Where did you get the braces from? I'd be interested in seeing a better picture, and knowing where to get them.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill
I cut them from a piece of alu flat bar - probably 1/2"x1/16", and drilled the hole in the perspex, mounted with a rubber grommet (to stop cracking). The other end is mounted to an indicator panel screw, with a spacer (nylon nut) to get out of the reccess.
The stock lower, center bolt mounts into the plastic housing and is not very firm, the braces stop it flexing there.
Mark

hehehe... I'm torn between doing it myself... and paying for it to be done professionally (the paint job that is). my CS was just rattle can blacked... that "fusion" stuff krylon makes.

for the pin striping I'm sure I can handle it w/some white/reflect tape in approximate (varying) widths. not sure what I'll listen to when I do that. maybe changes by Bowie? :wow

-tp

Back