• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wedding help

My daughter is getting married. The "when" is fall 2013(?). The where is East coast. She's in DC and we're in Raleigh,NC. She wants a location that has outdoor elements and perhaps some vintage qualities. Any ideas on a locale that would handle 100 to 150 folks; farm, winery, pub, club or whatever. MOTB is turning into a 'zilla so I'd appreciate any suggestions. This will be a non-church wedding. The venue can be anywhere from NC to NY. Thanks. I said I would help. FOTB

Actually, I do have an idea. My niece got married on Long Island --outdoors--last year. The facility there was a remodeled farm area...and
the wedding site was on an outlook which overlooked the ocean. Next stop: Newfoundland! There was another farm nearby which had
remodeled farm buildings and outbuildings sufficient to hold dozens of folks. We stayed in a remodeled chicken coop...which could nicely hold a dozen folks. If this seems like what you're looking for...pM me and I'll get details..

Mac

I've seen weddings held at Opus 40 in Saugerties NY. It can be very pretty in the Fall.

PA100037.jpg

-mc

Thank you. I've forwarded the links to my daughter. I think both sites are what she's looking for. Her new in-laws have a place in Woodstock, NY; not far from Opus

Check out Dave Matthew's vinyard and winery, Blenheim. It's right outside Charlottesville, VA, which might be a good geographical spot. My daughter was married there last summer. Beautiful place! The place where the wedding was held is called Blenheim Farm, and it's right next to the winery. A historical farm.

My daughter is getting married. The "when" is fall 2013(?). The where is East coast. She's in DC and we're in Raleigh,NC. She wants a location that has outdoor elements and perhaps some vintage qualities. Any ideas on a locale that would handle 100 to 150 folks; farm, winery, pub, club or whatever. MOTB is turning into a 'zilla so I'd appreciate any suggestions. This will be a non-church wedding. The venue can be anywhere from NC to NY. Thanks. I said I would help. FOTB

There are 67 counties in PA and they all have at least one Magistrate that can do the deed. Likely cost ~$40.

If needed, I have a friend that will appear as Elvis and sing a few songs.

If that's a bit too low brow..........most wineries love to be wedding sites...............numerous opportunities around Keuka Lake in the NY Fingerlakes. Eagles Mere in PA is also a possibility.

Have you checked the Biltmore Estate in Asheville? Beautiful location, we were there for the RA rally a few years back, probably go again this year.
They do list weddings under special event services.
http://www.biltmore.com/

There are 67 counties in PA and they all have at least one Magistrate that can do the deed. Likely cost ~$40.

If needed, I have a friend that will appear as Elvis and sing a few songs.

If that's a bit too low brow..........most wineries love to be wedding sites...............numerous opportunities around Keuka Lake in the NY Fingerlakes. Eagles Mere in PA is also a possibility.

I had actually mentioned to my wife that I should dress as the young Elvis and the groom's father as the old Elvis. She put the kabash on that. No sense of humor, I guess.

Back