• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle Dolly

internet-wrong.jpg

Most of us do research prior to buying things and many like me are set in their ways by this age. If we buy something cheaper, most of us understand that and deal with our choices.

I don't care either way and cannot believe I am back posting here. The unit I have by gift is yellow, has thick steel and decent casters. It works, but I do not care for it as I mentioned prior. End of story for me, do not need to justify why, but I tried anyways.

The interwebz is full of opinions and product reviews...one reads and makes decisions of what works for them.Even my riding buddies that post here can laugh at each others choices sometimes...and we move on.

Trying to correct anybody or say they are posting misleading info is like climbing a slippery pole. You won't get far. :dunno

'Zilla out...

I guess my Park-n-Moves, all three, were ancient editions. The base plates are in two pieces that had to be bolted together. I better check to see if they were made back when wheels were still square. That could account for my difficulties in rolling them around at times.

beemerdood……………. you need to spend more time RIDING your bike and less time worrying about how it is parked

Friedle, thanks for your suggestion as to how I should spend my time. Please note though, that it's MY TIME and I'll spend it as I wish.

....or how others park their bike. You're getting way too anal about this.

How "anal" I am is a matter of opinion. I prefer to think that it's a matter of attention to detail rather than being anal. I think it's a GOOD THING, rather than negative, as you've tried to paint it.

Give it a rest FGS !

You may have noticed that some others have made similar statements, and it hasn't slowed me down. Your exhortation will have the same effect ‒ none.

If you don't like what I write, feel free to skip my posts, my feelings won't be hurt. I've never understood why some people want to stop others from talking. If you don't like what's being said, if it irritates you, if you think I'm FOS, just pass the posts by. If you lack the will power for this, the forum has an ignore feature. That's the Internet version of a snowflake safe place for people who lack the will power to use their down cursor and just pass by posts that they don't want to see.

I'm being civil, I'm obeying forum rules and guidelines, and I'm supplying information that I think may benefit some others. Based on my PM's, I’m succeeding.

BTW, Isn't that what these forums are for, to exchange information? Why is less information a good thing?

Most of us do research prior to buying things and many like me are set in their ways by this age. If we buy something cheaper, most of us understand that and deal with our choices.

As we've seen, khittner didn't even realize that he had a knock off of the authentic Park‒n‒Move. He didn't purposefully "buy something cheaper."

The unit I have by gift is yellow, has thick steel and decent casters. It works, but I do not care for it as I mentioned prior. End of story for me, do not need to justify why, but I tried anyways.

Can't tell from your description if you have the authentic Park‒n‒Move or a knock‒off. There are photos that show both of them RIGHT IN THE THREAD, and the real Park‒n‒Move has locks on the caster wheels. "Thick" and "decent" don't tell us anything about which one you have. Khittner's "works" too, not nearly as well as the authentic version, so again, you're not supplying someone who's looking for information, with much of it. Supplying information is why this thread exists, right?

Trying to correct anybody or say they are posting misleading info is like climbing a slippery pole. You won't get far.

You're kidding right?. Khittner thought he had the same Park‒n‒Move that I did. Turns out that he posted his opinion of the device, based his use of a knock‒off, cheaper version that had thin metal on the base, cheap casters, an inferior locking device, and was rated for a maximum weight of only 500 pounds.

Therefore what he posted was EXTREMELY "misleading,"" since he mistook his knock‒off unit for the unit that I was talking about. Anyone who doesn't realize that's "misleading"" is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Once this became clear it was easy to "correct"" his error and let the readers know about it. Sometimes these things are nothing but differences of opinion. But that wasn't the case here.

I guess my Park-n-Moves, all three, were ancient editions. The base plates are in two pieces that had to be bolted together.

Those are early versions of the Park‒n‒Move. They flexed considerably more than today's versions.

I better check to see if they were made back when wheels were still square. That could account for my difficulties in rolling them around at times.

I'd bet that you have a keen enough eye to tell if your wheels are "square" or round. [ON EDIT: If not, simply put the unloaded device on a very smooth floor and move it around with your hand on the flat part of the platform. If the wheels are "square" you'll be able to feel them 'bumping' as they hit the flat spots.] The flexing of the body of the device, as may be occurring with your, older model, can account for the "difficulties in rolling them around …" It puts pressure on the inside of the wheels, point loading them and creating more friction against the ground. The latest one‒piece‒plates roll better.

Last edited:
Some background information: Height 5' 8", weight 182 lbs, inseam 30".

I am the one that gave the review of the Dynamoto Stands. I originally purchased and used the Legal Speeding Park N Move dolly. Some have mentioned I purchased "imitation/clone". And no I did not purchase imitation or clone. I had mixed feelings/results about the Park N Move dolly.

As some have mentioned, the Dynamoto stands, do take up more space than Park N Move when not it use. But they take of substantially a lot less space the the dollies that use the side stand, as well as Condor-Lifts dolly which I also looked at.

I tried to use the Park N Move dolly for several months, it worked well when I had a Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter. But when it came to my 2010 R1200RT, that was a different story. It was very inconsistent if it would slide forward as I pushed down on the center stand. I even tried the technique of raising the rear tire on pieces of wood, but I just found this to be a nuisance as I have short legs. I also ended up bending the center stand due to struggling to get it up onto the dolly, this resulted in $$ spent on replacing the center stand. I was able to stand on the center stand while using the dolly and nothing would happen, I even went to great pains to make sure the wheels were lined up so the stand would easily roll forward and that did not help.

Are others here happy with using the Park N Move Dolly, for sure. But for me personally it just did not work.

As I said, it worked fine on the Suzuki Burgman 400, which is a lighter bike, and has a better lever on the center stand.

Hence I started looking for an alternative. I ignored the side stand dolly as they do not save space have the motorcycle leaning to one side. The Condor-Lift dolly and side stand dolly also required one to ride/push the motorcycle onto the dolly. Again I have short legs, and pushing the R1200RT from the side is not practical, nor is riding onto the dolly.

This is why for me personally I settled on the Dynamoto Stands. They just work, and work well. Never had any issues or problems and when not in use, I just lean them against the wall.

Cheers everyone.

Last edited:
I am the one that gave the review of the Dynamoto Stands. I originally purchased and used the Legal Speeding Park N Move dolly. Some have mentioned I purchased "imitation/clone".

Etiennelau you are mistaken. What I wrote was speculation that you may have purchased the clone. I didn't know if you had, or had not, purchased the authentic Park‒n‒Move. You misstated what I wrote.

And not I did not purchase imitation or clone.

Thanks for clearing that up. And thanks for submitting this review.

Last edited:
Etiennelau you are mistaken. What I wrote was speculation that you may have purchased the clone. I didn't know if you had, or had not, purchased the authentic Park‒n‒Move. You misstated what I wrote.

Thanks for clearing that up. And thanks for submitting this review.

My humble apologies for misstating what you wrote!

I've been trying to figure out how to put my bikes on a center stand on a dolly as well. Best I have thought of so far is to take the Harbor Freight one, mark the region of the center stand, cut down the walls, weld in some plate, then reinforce that area with angle iron. For added stability, add a chock to the front that is removable.

I purchased a Park-n-Move from Legal Speeding in 2010. It has been in use ever since. Last week I noticed one of the casters was delaminating. I sent an email to Legal Speeding to see if they sold the casters. Today I got an email informing me that a set of four casters was mailed to me. No charge, not even for shipping. I forgot that there is a lifetime warranty on the Park-n-Move, thankfully Legal Speeding did not forget.

Back