• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Reflector Fiasco and Gear Bag

river-runner

So for the bikes (and bike buyers) that couldn't get their rear luggage racks due to the Reflector Issues, BMW was supposed to send us a really cool gear bag for carrying things on the back rack while they battled DOT. My photocopied letter the dealer gave me says a $259 value or such.

Has anyone received this bag, and if so is it anything one would use for touring as a centerbag?

Pictures?

I've had my bike now for over a month - not a peep from BMW on the bag...now dealer says they will mount my racks when I come in.

BMW Gear Bag

I'd imagine that the bag BMW is going to send you is their large back-rack duffle. I had the first iteration of this bag years ago and used it for a number of cross-country trips. The design of the old one had a waterproof zipper and that eventually failed. The new one corrects that with a folding top. Here is some information:

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 9.13.12 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 9.13.29 AM.jpg

Hi G-Man:

That looks like a great bag. Am getting ready to pull the trigger on Mosko Moto saddlebags and was going to also get the MM centerbag - maybe I'll wait a little while.

Thanks.

I didn't order racks on my 2017.5 GS. Wonder if they'll send me a FREE bag....?
Did you get some sort of confirming letter?

PS, The Mosko's are pretty great...

IMG_8627-X2.jpg

Hi G-Man:

That looks like a great bag.

Thanks.

You'd definitely want the newer model (probably blue in color) without the diagonal waterproof (up to a point) zipper. Knowing the BMW system I'll bet you'd lose a lot of touring time waiting for the bag to arrive. Those Mosko's do look good.

All of the customers I have sold GSA's to in this period, have left with the bag in hand at delivery... I'm not sure why other dealers haven't done the same.

Back