• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1100LT Cables

tourunigo

Any recommendations regarding the best place to purchase clutch and throttle cables for the K1100LT? I found a clutch cable on line in U.S. for $25 but checked local and the price was $55 plus tax. So, I think that purchasing on line and having these cables sent to 'my' U.S. address is best. Who would you suggest that I order from? Thanks for the input. -Bob

my apologies for bumping this but I want to place an order very soon. Maybe it really doesn't matter who I order from but do appreciate a suggestion. Suspect an east coast provider saves on postage. Hammersley, Bob's, Max. Cheap eh? -Bob

Try to bundle $100 worth of stuff to your order, and get it from MaxBMW with free shipping.

something to carry with you

I no longer have my K1100LT, but I carried a clutch cable that I could put on without taking anything apart. The end could be put on after you thread it through the housing.

I bought it at Bob's and it always made me feel safer. I tried to identify the things that could strand you (side stand cutout, clutch cable, etc)

Back