• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200rt

Lasmatpet

Hello,
I was broadsided this past Saturday while riding my R2009RT. I have a feeling that it will be totaled. I am looking for a new RT and I am trying to decide between a new 17 or 18. It seems as if the only difference is the choice of colors. Dealer websites have limited information and generic description on the options of same. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you

Sorry to hear about your incident. Hopefully you're OK.

One of the moderators will move this to the Wethead forum...since you're looking for bike-specific information, this doesn't really belong in the Forum Software Help area. Hang on while this gets sorted out.

I am looking for a new RT and I am trying to decide between a new 17 or 18. It seems as if the only difference is the choice of colors.

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Several changes were made to the 2017 R1200 bikes but I think the only changes in 2018 were colors.
With the new engine available for 2019 there should be good promotions on the leftover 2018s.

Back