• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

drives of a lifetime

The reviews are either 2 star or 5 star with several saying it lacks map type info. As the book doesn't purport to be an atlas maybe they(2 star folks) need to buy a map to go with it?
In this category I use www.motorcycleroads.us as a go to place for ideas on MC routes & car too. There are others online & similar but less useful. Most states have them marked on maps & roadsides. Given the geographic ignorance of many in today's society I can see how someone would ask why a guide doesn't tell them what they don't know. Haven't we all seen the street question that has the person not know which way to "that ocean", etc?:laugh

Just go to the Alps, every day you can do 20 rides that can't be matched in N America.

Just go to the Alps, every day you can do 20 rides that can't be matched in N America.

Yes! Switchbacks at 15 mph, tourist buses coming the other way or blocking the road in front of you. Seriously: I grew up over there and lived there for 36 years. Rode motorcycles over there for 24 years before I came to the U.S.
One thing that I just can't get, is the fascination of Americans with wasting a perfect European vacation riding the Alps or the Pyrenees. And all these guys who offer these European tours laugh all the way to the bank.
Go to Colorado and ride the Rockies and you have more fun negotiating fast sweepers than putzing up and down the Stilfser Joch.

Back