• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

V-1 In The Glove Box?

DoubleH

Hi All. This is my setup....

64A0BAA3-CF3A-450B-82A3-8334D795F655.jpg

It works well enough, but I'd like to go a step further by hiding the Valentine and using the V1 concealed display.

Has anyone done this with their RT by putting the V1 in the glove box? Would like to hear details and how well it works.

THanks!
Howard

I've Hidden Mine in The Fairing

I haven't put my V1 in the glove box, but I did mount mine in the right fairing and it works great. I even got a laser warning one time. I have the remote display mounted up on my tank bag.

I haven't put my V1 in the glove box, but I did mount mine in the right fairing and it works great. I even got a laser warning one time. I have the remote display mounted up on my tank bag.

Thanks. I want to avoid the fairing because I don't plan on buying a second V-1 dedicated to the bike (yet?). My plan (untested) is to stabilize the V-1 in the glove box with this foam rubber base, maybe cover it with foam on top as well for more stability and to use the remaining space (that glove box is *deep*). Remote display, not sure yet but would like it up near my GPS on the dash, but would like it level, not on the curve of the dash.

Thanks again.
V1foam (800x600) (2).jpg

Back