• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 MOA Rally RV Camping........

papple

Greetings from your 2014 RV Rally Committee,

First off HNY's and hoping you all are getting stoked as 2014 has finally arrived. We are currently working out the details on what I'm sure will be a Great "Rollin' by the River" Rally. I would like to use this post for any questions related to RV camping that you might have.

Having said that an upcoming issue of the MOA News will have all the information you should need but I'll be available here to help you out should you need it.

REGISTRATION for RV Camping will be opening in early Spring and is on a "First Come First Served" basis. Don't start sending in your requests any earlier as we will only be accepting applications Post Marked after a certain date and with a Current 2014 Registration Form. Payment in Full must accompany all RV Registration Forms in order to reserve you a site.

Keep your eyes on the both the News & the Forum for the latest information.

Vendors can contact the Vendor Committee and they will contact us to save you a RV site.

The RV area is spectacular and there will be plenty of shade available for all. We will have over 150 sites available most with water and 30 amp electricity.

Hope to meet you there,
P

Just curious about tent camping at the 2014 Rally. Any info would be appreciated.

There is plenty of tent camping space available. Camping is all part of the rally experience. The only camping we reserve is RV camping.

See you in St. Paul!!

Tent Camping in St. Paul.............

Greetings Cycleman 2,

Glad to hear you are planning on attending what I'm sure will be a Great Rally. From what I saw last October there will be plenty of excellent tent camping space available. The green space at the Fairgrounds is fantastic with plenty of mature trees to go around.

Keep your eye's on both the MOA News & the Forum for the latest information on when Pre-Registration will begin.

CYA There,
P

RV Query

Hi P

I am flying in from the UK to attend as a vendor at the rally. I would like to stay on site as opposed to out at a hotel somewhere and am thinking of renting an RV. If i do so i am going to ask the renter to deliver it to the show ground and hook it up to the services? Will having some-one not rally registered delivering it to the site be OK?

Thanks

Richard

RV Rental's.....

Hi P

I am flying in from the UK to attend as a vendor at the rally. I would like to stay on site as opposed to out at a hotel somewhere and am thinking of renting an RV. If i do so i am going to ask the renter to deliver it to the show ground and hook it up to the services? Will having some-one not rally registered delivering it to the site be OK?

Thanks

Richard

Greetings Richard,

In years past attendee's have used rental RV's at the Rally. We certainly would be willing to direct them to your reserved site but all costs & liabilities would be your responsibility. Delivery could be no earlier then July 22nd. and pickup would have to be done on Sunday July 27th.

Please contact Jackie & Rick of the Commercial Vendor Committee when you register and be sure to include your RV Camping request. The additional RV Camping spot can be payed then and we will save you a spot.

Best,
P

RV Rally Fee.................

We managed to keep the RV fee for this years Rally at $125.00. This will include 30 amp electrical & water to your site. You will be responsible for any service connections you might need as none will be provided.

There is a dump station in the park but access will be limited after Wednesday. We are working on a Honeywagon service but that will be at your own expense.

All 4 wheel traffic will limited after Wednesday afternoon so please plan on parking your vehicle in the lot adjacent to the RV Park.

The upcoming March & April MOA News should have more RV Registration informattion or you can call the MOA Office. They can be reached at 636-394-7277 M-F 8-5 Central Time.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or ask away right here on the Forum. I'll try to do my best to answer your questions asap.

Now if only the brutal Winter we're having here in Milwaukee would just go away.

Best,
P

Is there a map someplace that indicates the RV "area"????...........In addition what are the actual site conditions, sizes, demensions, spacing, site parking with trailer, security, and access to public roads????.........Thanks......God bless......Dennis

Fairgrounds Map?

Greetings Dennis,

If I remember correctly there was a map in one of the last MOA News magazines. The RV area is on the NE corner of the Fairgrounds right against Snelling & Hoyt Ave's.

The sites all vary in size with width's from 15' to 21' and lengths from 35' to 50'. There should be plenty of room for units with slides. Every site will have a grassy area and plenty of room to set up your chairs to enjoy the great weather ordered by Karol & Deb.

We are planning on using Gate 1 on Underwood St. as the main Rally entrance. Come Wednesday we will limit all 4 wheel traffic and everyone will be asked to park in a lot adjacent to the RV area. RV's with trailers longer then the site they are assigned will also be asked to park the trailer in a special low traffic area.

Hope this answer's your questions and looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Best,
P

There is a dump station in the park but access will be limited after Wednesday. We are working on a Honeywagon service but that will be at your own expense.

All 4 wheel traffic will limited after Wednesday afternoon so please plan on parking your vehicle in the lot adjacent to the RV Park.

So are you saying that we cannot park our tow vehicle there with the trailer/RV???.........

There is not going to be a possibility of hooking up the RV/Trailer and going over to the dump station????.........

Will blue boys be allowed????............

The map you refer to in the MOA news is very limited as to RV information and the needs/desires possibly of the folks that will be actually using the RV campground. This map is a bit better but it still shows NOTHING about RV....that I can find:

http://www.mnstatefair.org/interactive/maps/

So we cannot "pick" our campsite?........We must park where luck or whoever is in charge decides to put us????.......It would seem that this leaves it wide open for the "elite" to get the best places due to their "connections"?????? So if my slot, chosen by someone else for me, is next to a bunch of drunks that party all night, a family with 7 children that think that my space is also their playground, a couple that leave their dog/s locked in the trailer and sit there yapping all day while they are gone, or in the middle of a low spot that is totally in the mud.........I am to say......oh boy, I pulled my vintage Airstream 800 miles for this????????

I appreciate what you are doing; but the answer to these questions matters.......A REAL SITE MAP WOULD BE NICE.........God bless......Dennis

I have just finished registering and purchasing my RV spot.. I now see the spots are anywhere from 35' to 50' in length.. I am 42' in length with my trailer and registered early to get the spot I need and have no desire to park my trailer elsewhere.. Can I be guaranteed a spot for my rig since I registered so early?.. Thanks, Kevin

Similar to Kevin - My RV and trailer are 40' in length. The trailer has camping supplies that don't fit in the small motorhome. Can I be assured of a site that will fit the total 40' length?

Similar to Kevin - My RV and trailer are 40' in length. The trailer has camping supplies that don't fit in the small motorhome. Can I be assured of a site that will fit the total 40' length?

P is headed to Florida...(lucky devil)....:dance:dance

I'm sure he'll answer questions once he is able.

See you in St Paul!!

RV camping

I have just finished registering and purchasing my RV spot.. I now see the spots are anywhere from 35' to 50' in length.. I am 42' in length with my trailer and registered early to get the spot I need and have no desire to park my trailer elsewhere.. Can I be guaranteed a spot for my rig since I registered so early?.. Thanks, Kevin

If you are 42' long including your RV & trailer we should be able to accommodate you without a problem.

Made it to Florida and can't wait to unload the bike in the morning.

Best,
P

Bring it on and we will get you settled in. :clap:clap:clap

Best,
P

Back