• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

membership

K

kb2loz

Uh, dudes..

..what is it with middle aged guys suddenly losing all bearings when life comes to gettin on their rebellion?

I mean, rock just ain't the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The Kinks. Rock WAS the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The Kinks (or jimmy buffet if just insist on being unhip). Classic Rock is a shameless oxymoron (or it out'a be). Rock is supposed to be iconoclastic dammit. If it ain't fresh and stompin all over yesterdays tunes, it just ain't Rock. OK? So get off'a your duff and tune in to some new stuff already.

And what the heck's with motorcycle clubs? What happened to the purest loner ethos of motorcycledom? The true freedom of open vistas - unfettered by some other idiots demands upon you. I mean, fine, go ahead and club it, if you havn't washed your hair in six months and your only dues are the bottle rent you pay to basically live from bar to bar.. that's legit. But clean wholesome dues paying clubs full of cheesy second-childhood ninetofivers with a collected sense of humor of one Boston Fern for god's sakes?

What's this world coming to?

Or more appropriately, what is happening on the forum lately with all the wacked out posts?

Welcome

I think.

:scratch

Uh, dudes..

I mean, rock just ain't the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The Kinks. Rock WAS the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The Kinks (or jimmy buffet if just insist on being unhip). Classic Rock is a shameless oxymoron (or it out'a be). Rock is supposed to be iconoclastic dammit. If it ain't fresh and stompin all over yesterdays tunes, it just ain't Rock. OK? So get off'a your duff and tune in to some new stuff already.

And what the heck's with motorcycle clubs? What happened to the purest loner ethos of motorcycledom? The true freedom of open vistas - unfettered by some other idiots demands upon you. I mean, fine, go ahead and club it, if you havn't washed your hair in six months and your only dues are the bottle rent you pay to basically live from bar to bar.. that's legit. But clean wholesome dues paying clubs full of cheesy second-childhood ninetofivers with a collected sense of humor of one Boston Fern for god's sakes?

What's this world coming to?

Yah! Unfettered! Loner Ethos of Motorcycledom! Bottle Rent! I'm trading in my boston fern, my house, and my copy of A1A! All I ask is gas money and enough dog food and Oscar Meyer bologna to get me through until I'm eligible for social security and medicare. All I need is my scoot, my helmet, and my internet connection so I can keep in touch with True Wisdom. Lay them Open Vistas on me, and give my share of the cheese to the unenlightened nincompoops.

**** the Man! *** the Man! **** the Man!

ps- please don't tell my wife I'm legit now. She'll kill me.

Last edited:
Jeez kb2loz

live and let live... a bit. And get your meds adjusted.

I've seen "loners" like you on the road. I don't like em. Neither does my '63 F-150 half ton apparently. Has a mind of it's own.

I'd better not find you in my neighborhood.

Your type is trouble for sure.

And Zeppelin rocks. Still rocks. You watch your back.

If you need, I can recommend the best meds. Let me know. You can see how well they work for me.

Huh...What...Damn, you woke me up for nothing! You young guys just don't understand an old guy's need for naps. Now turn that damn music down.

Dave H
San Antonio, Tx

Hey, iIf I can get along with Greenwald and Greenwald can tolerate me, then anybodys can adapt to the group, and if that happens, surley the group can adapt to anybody(s)!

We may not beat the drum the same beat, but we still is part of the band, and we still play music!

Red

give me "Sympathy for the Devil" and take away my house, I'm hitting the road again man, I might even wear my leather motorcycle jacket and dump the BMW riding jacket and pants, and helmets, we don't need no stinkin helmets. Of course, first I have to take my arthritis meds.:D :D :D :D :brow :wave

Uh, dudes..

..what is it with middle aged guys suddenly losing all bearings when life comes to gettin on their rebellion?

Classic Rock means never having to buy new albums :D

Back