• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

Nice!

Awwww thanks, Reece!

And thanks to Greg for the suggestion of FAQ. I missed that...had to search in the drop down menu. I rode 300 miles and hit 40 sites. This was my golden goose.

Thanks Jen for the hint in my backyard - Will have to get this photo too.

Bill.

YaaaaaY! Finally got out for my first ride of the season! Got 5 in Saddle Up and Ride. The wind makes it a little more challenging.
IMG_4495_HEIC-XL.jpg

...The wind makes it a little more challenging. ....

Roger that. I put brass eyelets in the corners of the flag, and then I ended up rummaging around in my tool kit to find heavy things to hang on the corners. I think I will MacGyver some clips with some fishing weights.

@Greg... it would be fun to have some kind of leaderboard. Just so we could have some idea of what others are doing.

Cap

YaaaaaY! Finally got out for my first ride of the season! Got 5 in Saddle Up and Ride. The wind makes it a little more challenging.
IMG_4495_HEIC-XL.jpg

For the first ride your flag is looking pretty sad
Hopefully it makes it to the finish line

You’re so funny!

Wasn't funny when I saw that the pilot and copilot of the Blackhawk I was on were both Wobbly Ones, or the time my normal CW5 pilot was on leave and they put a 2LT in as my pilot. He was like a teenager who just got the keys to his dad's corvette.

Thanks Jen for the hint in my backyard - Will have to get this photo too.

Bill.

You are very welcome. I’m more than happy to chat and share local sites if you want to do the same for me.

I use blue masking tape and it usually lasts for the day. I tape it inside my topcase and quickly pull it out and tape to the side of my topcase, sign or windshield. Works great!

Attachments

• 6B470890-C568-4810-8983-7FD9D054B19E.jpg
    6B470890-C568-4810-8983-7FD9D054B19E.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 144
You are very welcome. I’m more than happy to chat and share local sites if you want to do the same for me.

I use blue masking tape and it usually lasts for the day. I tape it inside my topcase and quickly pull it out and tape to the side of my topcase, sign or windshield. Works great!

Sure, we can chat about that - I'm wondering if this is the Jen that I convinced to enter the Coddiwomple in the first place. PM an email address.

Bill.

We use a simple TRIPOD mechanism to frame our shot... Jus Sayin!

Randomly found this site on our way home from the 2nd Saturday Ride-2-Eat in Houston. AL!

Crash-Site.jpeg

R We having Fun Yet? - U Betcha!

Here's the larger, less readable POV...
B26-crash.jpeg

Have Fun Y'all - CIAO!
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

I don't know if it helps preserve the life of the "flag" but I've found that a heavy stock piece of white paper behind "flag" in a page protector adds a bit more "heft" and somewhat reduces the blowing about of the "flag". My next try will likely include placement of some small magnets in the bottom of the page protector to add heft and where steel is present add an means to reduce "flutter". Transport of the "flag" is easier if one has a topbox and/or mostly empty saddlebags.

When it comes time to head to Montana in June my topbox and saddlebags will be pretty full. My thinking is to put the "flag" at the top of the topbox to facilitate easy access to find more challenges enroute. I'm betting that by the end of 6 months my "flag" will still be pretty tattered. :)

I have a tripod, but it doesn't help to leave it in the garage. I also need to figure out how to do the delayed picture takin'.

How are people doing for points? Is there somewhere we can see a tally of what has been approved? I am really enjoying this!

How are people doing for points? Is there somewhere we can see a tally of what has been approved? I am really enjoying this!

I do not believe any judging is taking place yet. The folks running this event are still developing software that will be used to enter and track the progress of contestants.

We use a simple TRIPOD mechanism to frame our shot... Jus Sayin!

Randomly found this site on our way home from the 2nd Saturday Ride-2-Eat in Houston. AL!

View attachment 83139

R We having Fun Yet? - U Betcha!

Here's the larger, less readable POV...
View attachment 83140

Have Fun Y'all - CIAO!
Phil & Karen

'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS
Nice quality pictures :thumb
OM

I, for one, am not keeping score. I seem to be having trouble speling. I expect that I should block print the term of interest and check-off (or better yet write down the location name associated with each) letter. For example, I forgot I need three 'Ds', so I get to go out for a little ride tomorrow to Denton for another 'D'. There is a very nice little diner in town, but I don't know if I'm up for going to an eating establishment yet.

I, for one, am not keeping score. I seem to be having trouble speling. I expect that I should block print the term of interest and check-off (or better yet write down the location name associated with each) letter. For example, I forgot I need three 'Ds', so I get to go out for a little ride tomorrow to Denton for another 'D'. There is a very nice little diner in town, but I don't know if I'm up for going to an eating establishment yet.

What he really meant to say I think is, "I need Four D's!"

What he really meant to say I think is, "I need Four D's!"

Holy Cow!!! "AND" I will need an "N". I really need to learn to spel. :) I guess that means a ride to Danbury, Danville, Durham in the near future (all within about 70 mile radius.)

The "I" towns are a bit more scarce. I was happy to have found my "U" (Union Grove).

Last edited:
Another Easy Get -- Jus Sayin!

We do breakfast with the local NAVMC most every Saturday {so this is like shooting fish in a barrel}! We've been supporting the Blue Plate Cafe here in HSV every week since this Covid BS started - sometimes eating in the parking lot. More folks are starting to come to breakfast each week what with 'Jabs' count goin up week-after-week in Alabama! Got mine thru Huntsville Hospital...

Several/many bikes in a row - doesn't get much easier than that! - My R90S way out there, K's new RS next, beside Mike's Suzuki, Fred's Triumph, Doug's R9T, and John's Bonneville...
Bikes-in-a-Row.jpeg

Still Gettin our CoddiWomplin act together here in HSV; 2nd Sat R2E coming in May....
CIAO!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
-----------+ '16 R1200RS

Back