• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

# 150161 is just to my right at this moment. Marekesh Red. She's only two months younger than I.

That makes seven of the "originals" still alive.:wave

And you got the fastest color to boot. (they don't call it "arrest me red" for nothing):bolt

:dance :dance :dance

Non Conforming

I am the 4th (3rd official) owner of an "87" K75 VIN# 6216017 after the letters. I can't find a sticker with the build date. It was first registered 5/89. Can you tell me if it is infact an 87?

I am the 4th (3rd official) owner of an "87" K75 VIN# 6216017 after the letters. I can't find a sticker with the build date. It was first registered 5/89. Can you tell me if it is infact an 87?

Yours is a Euro Spec (non US) 1987 K75 Basic. Born Dec. 1986.:wave

K75S Original Litter

I've seen 001. It belongs to a muckety-muck at Land Rover North America and is in excellent low mileage condition except for a brake fluid stain. It's red.

I've seen 001. It belongs to a muckety-muck at Land Rover North America and is in excellent low mileage condition except for a brake fluid stain. It's red.

WOW!:bow
Where is Land Rover N.A.?

That is 0001, right? Not just 001?

Thank you so much It was a toronto police demo bike :wave

Last edited:
Worthy of being in the ON

Every once in a while I read something here that could be shared and this post is one of them. I Think it could be included in The next ON. Thank you for such a fine posting of BMW info. as well to the contributors thu-out this forum Thankyou.

Original Litter

I have a blue 1992 k75s born in February of 1992, 153624. Is this like a family tree? We are having an ice storm right now, and my bike is asking when are we ever going to ride again!

Killed one Two still alive.

Sadly I killed my first 1986 K75T back in 1990 with 91,000 miles on it. It was the first one sold in Houston through Cycle Shack. At the time of it's demise (operator error ) I already had a second one in the stable, and the insurance company paid for my third one which I bought sight unseen. Both are still alive and well, and living in the Northwet.
The sight unseen bike was advertised in the MOA flea market and I wanted to go to the Flagstaff National but didn't have the time to ride both directions, so I flew to Albuquerque New Mexico from Houston picked it up, rode to the rally and rode home.
No vin # handy as I'm at work.

The VIN on my Marrakesh Red K75S was WB1057206N0153560. Now she's moved on to a new owner, and we still keep in touch, so I bet he'd be interested in finding out the pedigree of his bike...

The VIN on my Marrakesh Red K75S was WB1057206N0153560. Now she's moved on to a new owner, and we still keep in touch, so I bet he'd be interested in finding out the pedigree of his bike...

1992 Marrakesh Red (Fastest Color) K75S. Born February 1992:dance

Bought last year

I bought my '87 K75S last year. The last seven numbers of the VIN are 0150534. I guess it's an early one but obviously not in the first batch.

I bought my '87 K75S last year. The last seven numbers of the VIN are 0150534. I guess it's an early one but obviously not in the first batch.

534 Born September 1986. Fifth litter (month) About half way through the 1987 production of 957.:wave :german :wave

My wife's '87 K75S - black - last numbers of the VIN are 150647- 64,000 miles and currently undergoing top to bottom restoration/maintenence- just now getting broken in and still going strong - took 3rd at Lima; 2nd at West Bend; ? in Gillette.....:thumb

Attachments

• SCAN0042c.jpg
    SCAN0042c.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 235
Hi guys. Original owner checking in with 150825, Colombia Silver K75S bought at Mischlers BMW in Beaver dam WI (one of the supporting dealers at the West Bend Rally). Born-on date I think is March 87, from litter #3.

The way this was described to me by the dealer, and this may just pertain to US imported bkes, is the first litter were ALL red bikes, second litter was all Black bikes, and the last litter of 1987 was all Colombia Silver, which was somewhat smaller than the first two litters (300 each of red and black and the remainder was the Colombia silver, < 200??

I am always interested in the Colombia Silver bikes, I am trying to find out if they were ALL like mine, kind of unique: No handles on the side of the tail section, just an oval plug where the top of the handle would mount to the tail, and a hole filler plug for the bottom hole, it did have the "hollows" where you would grab the handle, which I flushed out on mine (Holt BMW did the work for me), further it had the accessory solo seat straight from the factory, and no rear pegs, although it was easy to add these as it had the same side plates.

Intersted in hearing from other Colombia Silver 87 owners.

Gilly

Back