• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Club looking to start up in NW FL and S AL, and Lecture by Benka Pulko

New Club looking to start up in NW FL and S AL, and Lecture by Benka Pulko
Benka Pulko will speak about her experience and show select photos from her entire global trip during the multimedia program, ÔÇ£One Woman, One Motorcycle, One WorldÔÇØ at the BMW Motorcycles of Pensacola, 6258 North W St, Pensacola FL at 6 p.m., Thursday, January 24, 2013. Slovenian-born Pulko, an award-winning writer and Slovenian Woman of the Year, had never driven motorcycle when she conceived the idea to traverse the globe on a two-wheeler. But within five months, she was packed for a trip that ultimately introduced her to 75 countries, earned her two entries in the Guinness Book of World Records, gave her 35,000 photos, and included five stitches and a 10-day stay in a hospital. (Her BMW motorcycle went through 19 tire changes and 10 chain sets.)
After this entertaining speaker, there will be an informal meeting at the dealership to have a discussion about starting a BMW Motorcycle Chartered Club along the Southern Alabama and Northwestern Florida Panhandle area. At this time there is no formal BMW Club in the surrounding area. So if you are interested in helping start a club in this area please show up for both events and help get a new BMW Motorcycle Club started.

Benka & new club

Can't make to hear Benka.....nor the "new club" discussion......I'm on night shift that week; however Iam interested in seeing a Pensacola/Gulf Coast Beemer Club. I keep my membership in other clubs...but really like to be able to participate in my "own" club.......

I have already heard from couple of interested people in starting a club in this area. Now we will need to discuss this on the 24th.

Cool idea. I am sure you are talking about a BMW MOA chartered club - right? Good luck, Michael.

Sue

Does it matter how a club gets Chartered? Either in the RA or the MOA or both does it really matter? It is about coming together for the interest BMW Motorcycle Enthusiast.
Cool idea. I am sure you are talking about a BMW MOA chartered club - right? Good luck, Michael.

Sue

Does it matter how a club gets Chartered? Either in the RA or the MOA or both does it really matter? It is about coming together for the interest BMW Motorcycle Enthusiast.

It may not matter, but I wouldn't have the balls to go to the RA website to try to form a MOA Chartered Club.:nono:

Just sayn..........

Thank you Bud. In a perfect world we should charter with both the MOA and the RA. I am a proud member of both clubs! Have great friends in both.

Tina Doggett
BMW RA VP
Rolling Rally Coordinator MOA-RA - 2009
RA Rally Chair 2011
RA Rally Chair 2012
Just love to ride and see all my friends 2002-now

Last edited:
Thank you Bud. In a perfect world we should charter with both the MOA and the RA. I am a proud member of both clubs! Have great friends in both.

Tina Doggett
BMW RA VP
Rolling Rally Coordinator MOA-RA - 2009
RA Rally Chair 2011
RA Rally Chair 2012
Just love to ride and see all my friends 2002-now

Hi Tina,

See you at the Biltmore? :wave

It may not matter, but I wouldn't have the balls to go to the RA website to try to form a MOA Chartered Club.:nono:

Just sayn..........

After reading what the EX-MOA Charter Club Coordinator, and what the current BMW RA VP had to say I am shocked. I thought that both Umbrella Clubs (MOA, RA) were to promote new clubs growth. I think I have read this in places like the By-Laws of the organizations and Council International Clubs Guide lines that are in place for BMW Clubs. I understand what Sue was implying, but if a new club does start up and there was some good interest last night it would be up to that new club to decide on if they would like to be a Chartered Club under the MOA, RA or another BMW Umbrella Club. So with my knowledge on Chartered Clubs and understanding the requirements that are need to start a club. I will be happy to provide this knowledge to this group. To help them grow in the right direction. Starting a club is not about if I having a pair of balls. It is about the growth and passion of BMW motorcycle enthusiast. I think you may have forgotten this.

After reading what the EX-MOA Charter Club Coordinator, and what the current BMW RA VP had to say I am shocked.

Personal attacks on others is really not necessary, Michael.

Quite simply, in the past year, you have been outspoken with your criticism the MOA and how wonderful the RA is. In addition, you have served as the chartered club coordinator for the RA until just a few months ago. That's fine. We do not fault you for your opinion nor question your commitment to the Riders Association.

But - when you post on the MOA forum that you want to charter a new club in your region, it is only natural for some of us to wonder about your motives and ultimate goals. I [personally] wanted to be sure MOA members were not being mislead. If your motives were pure, then it's all good.

That's all there is, my friend.

Last edited:
Panhandle Beemers Meeting: 16 Feb 4pm

"First" meeting of Pensacola area club meeting: 4 pm, 16 Feb; @ BMW Pensacola:

"W" Street, off US 29, use I-10 exit 10 SOUTH!

Back