• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Please move the deer crossing

jstrube

John.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CI8UPHMzZm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, what are those hiways folk THINKING of encouraging deer to cross in areas where traffic moves at speed? Those deer that live in forested rural areas should be relocated to the cities, preferably near schools but with some brouse for them to feed upon. Fawns should be taught to stand at right angles to the road then lift a foreleg (indicating they wish to cross) and also taught to look both ways in case some silly motorist doesn't respect their right to do so.

Actually, I've been placing my hope on Darwinism. The deer with the propensity to jump in front (or on) a vehicle seldom get a chance to breed. Kill enough of them (and we certainly do) and it would make sense the offspring of the more careful would result in fewer collisions.

I've owned (if that is the right word) a number of cats in the 40 years I've lived where I do on a fairly busy backroad. Several of those cats have died on that road. My 15 year old tom cat crosses that road several times a day, always at a leisurely pace. Somehow, he got the message about cars, trucks and bikes. If he ever loses his hearing, I think he's toast.

:lurk

That poor woman. Keep her out of Ontario during the first two weeks of November when we have an average of 65 deer hits a day.:laugh

I, too, am a former North Dakotan. :thumb

I heard this on the radio yesterday when a local station played it and were trying to figure out if this was genuine, or just a radio comedy bit.

The lady does seem pretty adamant.

The more I think about this, it is the type of thing that I used to do, just to get folks excited. :blah

She's playing us. Of course she's playing us. No one, surely, no one, could possibly be serious, saying what she said. I think that she's hoodwinked us all. :laugh:laugh:laugh

The more I think about this, it is the type of thing that I used to do, just to get folks excited. :blah

She's playing us. Of course she's playing us. No one, surely, no one, could possibly be serious, saying what she said. I think that she's hoodwinked us all. :laugh:laugh:laugh

Apparently you have not listened to some of the general public speak. I hate to say it, but based on some of the rediculous crap I have heard people say, I think she is genuine.....

Things that will make your skin crawl....

She votes
She drives
She probably raises children
She may have a job requiring decision making

Reminds me of a joke about UK 'crosswalks'....

A drunk steps off the sidewalk to cross the road into the path of a car which swerves around him and blasts the horn. The drunk jumps back onto the sidewalk. After a few seconds he tries again with the same result.
After the third attempt, another pedestrian says "Hey, don't you know there's a zebra crossing just up there?"
The drunk says...."Well I hope he's having better luck than I am"

Yes, that was from the Y-94 (WDAY-FM) morning show. I think Paul is on the right track, she MUST be from neighboring Minnesota. The clue is in her statement about the "Minnesota and North Dakota" transportation departments placing those signs out there.... A good NoDak'er would put the ND before the Mn. :scratch Though she did mention 55 AND 65 mph roads... puts the burden back on ND, because Mn roads are all 55, except 70mph zones on Interstate and some divided 4-lane highways. :dunno

This puzzle does remind me of the old joke... Why doesn't North Dakota have a professional football team? Because then Minnesota would want one. :brad

On the way to work this morning a deer crossed the road in front of me. I was no where near a Deer Crossing sign.

Can the deer be cited for Jaywalking? :scratch

Back