• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F800ST odometer reset

After 6600 miles on my 2008 model and one battery change I am unable to reset my trip odometers. The clock resets in the normal fashion but the trip meters do not respond to the step by step procedure listed in the owners manual. This bike has the optional computer and has functioned properly until about a month ago. The odometers record the mileage ok but just do not reset to zero. Any thoughts?

I don't know the exact construction of your bike but the reset should be simply an internal computer function in response to the switch that resets it.
So either the switch is problematic or the computer has a glitch. Don't know if it would store a code or not if you had a GS-911 but I suspect no.
If still in warranty hit the dealership.

But be sure you've red your manual correctly and are trying the reset by the book. Some machines require you to be on a specific screen or a specific key position or similar.

F800St odometer reset

I don't know the exact construction of your bike but the reset should be simply an internal computer function in response to the switch that resets it.
So either the switch is problematic or the computer has a glitch. Don't know if it would store a code or not if you had a GS-911 but I suspect no.
If still in warranty hit the dealership.

But be sure you've red your manual correctly and are trying the reset by the book. Some machines require you to be on a specific screen or a specific key position or similar.

Good advice to someone who isn't much of a geek. The owners manual leaves a bit to be desired but with some concentration I've got the issue resolved. Thanks.

Back