• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dating Forum Anyone?

Hmmmm... 74 posts and I only see two women involved in the conversation.

Telling.

How many married men?

The married men would be the number of views of this thread.:clap

Unmarried men under 50 can buy me a beer at the Bloomsburg rally. So that should be what - 2 beers?

Sharon

I'm not implying anything other than ratio. :brow

For the record. I'm single never married. I wouldn't use the forum for this.
But in all certainty I don't care if anyone else does...

AND if you don't have a pony in the race... You shouldn't either.

Simply put... "If you ride an airhead why are you posting in Brick Maintenance?"
(Or pick your own 2 forums in example.)

What is the big deal?

Before Facebook, Twitter, My Space, and in the primitive stages of the internet, I saw an ad in a national boating magazine under "Wanted" ( I am paraphrasing):

"I am a young 51 years young, recently widowed, looking to be the first mate on a boat either sail or power. I love being on the water and have 22 years of boating experience".

I do not see any harm is offering a place for people to hook up. They can use PM's, emails etc, to pursue (or not) their interests.

Before Facebook, Twitter, My Space, and in the primitive stages of the internet, I saw an ad in a national boating magazine under "Wanted" ( I am paraphrasing):

"I am a young 51 years young, recently widowed, looking to be the first mate on a boat either sail or power. I love being on the water and have 22 years of boating experience".

I do not see any harm is offering a place for people to hook up. They can use PM's, emails etc, to pursue (or not) their interests.

I don't think its a matter of there being any "harm" in it, just a matter of what the intent of this site is. Being everything to all just isn't going to add any value that I can see. Esp when you consider there are so many places where meeting up IS the intended purpose. And as you said, that was before there were other options so that seems a somewhat different set of circumstances.
RM

Why doesn't someone just start a thread "Looking for" and see where it goes?

Sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Tom

I don't think its a matter of there being any "harm" in it, just a matter of what the intent of this site is. Being everything to all just isn't going to add any value that I can see. Esp when you consider there are so many places where meeting up IS the intended purpose. And as you said, that was before there were other options so that seems a somewhat different set of circumstances.
RM

It comes down to odds. Let's assume a member is looking for a person and a key criterion is that the person rides a motorcycle. Say a BMW motorcycle.

So are the odds of finding a person of a given age range of the appropriate gender that is single, interesting, and interested, who rides a BMW motorcycle better on this site than on match.com or bikersanonymous.net or whatever? I don't know.

It comes down to odds. Let's assume a member is looking for a person and a key criterion is that the person rides a motorcycle. Say a BMW motorcycle.

So are the odds of finding a person of a given age range of the appropriate gender that is single, interesting, and interested, who rides a BMW motorcycle better on this site than on match.com or bikersanonymous.net or whatever? I don't know.

Hey Paul, I tried searching on the match.com online dating site for BMW and it doesn't work. They are always talking about cars! Or why they don't have a BMW.
That's why I have more than one bike. :brad

I thought the real reason of this site was to promote BMW's and encourage future riders. (This next part is totally meant in jest) but say two riders end up hooking up, getting married and produce children aka future riders....

I'm just saying.

Back