• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

March ON cover?

Here is my question: If the problem is with the USPS, wouldn't the ON turn up sooner or later in our mailboxes?

Since I joined last summer, I've had to have several issues mailed to me because the original never made it. Although it's super that the office mails them out, the customer shouldn't have to worry about this.

Here is my question: If the problem is with the USPS, wouldn't the ON turn up sooner or later in our mailboxes?

Not if it got destroyed or lost.

Since I joined last summer, I've had to have several issues mailed to me because the original never made it. Although it's super that the office mails them out, the customer shouldn't have to worry about this.

You are correct - you shouldn't have to worry about it. Unfortunately, the USPS is the only game in town for delivering mail. Vince and our printer have done everything they can from their end. The people in the USPS processing center where the Owners News is delivered have been helpful, as well, but, they don't control the entire distribution network.

Not if it got destroyed or lost.

That's the part I don't understand. Why is it only the ON getting lost or destroyed while in the care of the USPS?

I get 4 professional journals and about 4 other magazines (some from small independent publishers in NM) and they all arrive monthly and intact. The ON is my only subscription that is unreliable (I've never received a damaged one, they just go MIA). This suggests that the issue is either at the printer or at the USPS that they deliver the magazines to, does it not? I bet it is not the entire USPS, but a local/centralized problem. If the entire system was screwed up, we'd be missing our other magazines, wouldn't we?

Sorry to put you on the spot. I don't mean to be combative. But truth be told, if my other magazines stopped coming, I'd drop them after the second call to Customer Service. The only reason that I've had any patience is that the ON is the only MC magazine I read and I think the BMWMOA is a solid organization. I sure hope you can get this resolved.

Bob

You know I'd sure like to read about your reaction to some of the great CONTENT of the ON instead of the perpetual carping about a problem we know they are working on.

Voni

You know I'd sure like to read about your reaction to some of the great CONTENT of the ON instead of the perpetual carping about a problem we know they are working on.

Voni

So true, Voni.

However, they first need to GET the magazine, and in legible condition, before they can gush about what lurks between the covers.

I do trust that the problem is being worked on, but I must also sympathize with the frustration of those left out in the cold.

That's the part I don't understand. Why is it only the ON getting lost or destroyed while in the care of the USPS?

I get 4 professional journals and about 4 other magazines (some from small independent publishers in NM) and they all arrive monthly and intact. The ON is my only subscription that is unreliable (I've never received a damaged one, they just go MIA). This suggests that the issue is either at the printer or at the USPS that they deliver the magazines to, does it not? I bet it is not the entire USPS, but a local/centralized problem. If the entire system was screwed up, we'd be missing our other magazines, wouldn't we?

Sorry to put you on the spot. I don't mean to be combative. But truth be told, if my other magazines stopped coming, I'd drop them after the second call to Customer Service. The only reason that I've had any patience is that the ON is the only MC magazine I read and I think the BMWMOA is a solid organization. I sure hope you can get this resolved.

Bob

I hope we can get it resolved, as well. From my perspective, I think it's fantastic that in this age when many are wanting us to move to an electronic version (which we do have and which will be enhanced) there are still so many who appreciate the value of hardcopy. I'm a very plugged in person, and live on the Internet - but nothing beats the feel and experience of a nicely done publication. Ink still rocks.

We are making a change starting with the April issue that will hopefully essentially solve the problem of ripped covers, and which I also think might cure some of the missing magazines. If a big publication gets caught in the USPS sorting machinery that could be the end of it. See if you get your April and following issues ok, and do let me - or Vince - know if it improves.

So true, Voni.

However, they first need to GET the magazine, and in legible condition, before they can gush about what lurks between the covers.

I do trust that the problem is being worked on, but I must also sympathize with the frustration of those left out in the cold.

We know that the Owners News is the single biggest value of membership to the vast majority, and we're going to do everything we can to make sure they get what they pay for.

Greg,
I don't have a problem with receiving the ON and receiving it in good condition, due to the plastic wrap apparently required for Canadian subscriptions. And the last few issues have been coming earlier in the month than previously. The March issue arrived on March 5th.
I am willing to make a small wager, based on experience with various magazine subscriptions over the years that the ON problem with unwrapped magazines is due to the incompatibility of some sorting/handling equipment somewhere in the system with the kind of square-backed binding of the magazine, coupled with the weight of the magazine.

EXR911

We've been tracking how the Canadian copies are mailed and received, as well as the replacement copies sent to U.S. members which are mailed in envelopes. One of our Board members, Marc Souliere, is Canadian and his March issue came with a small tear in the cover (first time ever for him). Along with it was an apology letter from the Canada Post Corporation. Amazing! You all have a much more polite mail delivery system, apparently. :brow

Free sticker?
No kidding.
Nice!!!

Mine always arrives first of the month.
Or the day before

No I have not opened it yet . . . obviously *looking down* I'm sorry :blush

I must be one of the few that doesn't get excited if my magazine shows up rumpled or torn. If I can read it, I'm happy:)
When I'm done with them I leave them at the YMCA, Dr. Office, and Debbie leaves them in the break room at work.

Mine arrived Northeastern CT on March 8 in great shape. I get really jazzed when it arrives before a flight. The problem is that I'd rather be riding to my destination than flying. Reading about Jack's wild ride up the Delaware River Valley, or John and Erica's ride over the European mountains causes great yearning to get back in the saddle.
Thanks, ON, for the inspiration.

Back