• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

I have not read the entire thread so maybe this has been asked. Will there be RV camping available? By the time of the rally, my wife and I should be about 6 months in to full time RVing and hauling the bikes where we go. As long as we haven't done away with one another:love. We were planning on going up near Kalispell and maybe up to Revelstoke as well so adding this is would fit right into the plans.

Looking at the satellite view of the park you can see RVs parked in the NW Corner... but not many of them. Perhaps a part of the huge paved areas will also be used. :dunno

This venue looks like it might be pretty tight for all forms of camping. I wonder if there are plans to have access to the West Bank Park, which is right across the (four-lane) street.

I have not read the entire thread so maybe this has been asked. Will there be RV camping available? By the time of the rally, my wife and I should be about 6 months in to full time RVing and hauling the bikes where we go. As long as we haven't done away with one another:love. We were planning on going up near Kalispell and maybe up to Revelstoke as well so adding this is would fit right into the plans.

Google Maps shows what appears to be shaded RV sites along the west side of the park.

RV Camping

Just so you all know, RV spots are part of the criteria for selecting a future National site!

Just so you all know, RV spots are part of the criteria for selecting a future National site!

IIRC, we had about 60 RV's at SLC in 2017. It sure is nice to have A/C for an afternoon nap and having the dog along.

See you in Great Falls.

Can’t answer definitively on the RV parking but it would be a first if they didn’t offer that at the rally.

What I *can* tell you definitively is that if you go to Revelstoke you should take the short drive over to Sorrento, BC and take in the Dreamcycle Motorcycle Museum. Well worth the trip, and they have a great little restaurant/coffee shop attached.

Happy travels,

DeVern

This will be my first MOA Rally. Looking forward to it.
I took the liberty of calling the venue and asked about RV camping. I was told the facility can provide RV camping but I was instructed to direct my questions towards the organizers.

Billy

I plan on attending as long as a medical adventure doesn't keep me off my bike.

I've been having a lot of medical adventures lately...

Hugs!

Voni

Thanks!

I had an atrial fibrillation ablation done. I got tired of arriving at rallies with A-fib going on. A complication I got from the procedure is a "pseudoaneurysm," a lump caused by bleeding at the site of the insertion of the heart catheters. Got another ultrasound coming up with possible surgery to follow...Another surgery means no riding for a while, but as far as complications go, this one isn't too bad.

Prior to all of that was yet another basal cell skin cancer surgery. Surgery always results in swelling and soreness, which again prevented me from wearing a helmet for several weeks, and of course no riding...

Would there happen to be a list of hotels in the area? I'm planning on leading a contingent of Canucks from the west coast to sample the local brews. :D

How far will you "ride-in"... your last travel day to the Great Falls Rally site?

...I'm looking at some options for a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon arrival, by about 3pm.

It would be great, to have the route coincide with a nice Montana Hot Springs opportunity from the day/night before arriving at the ExpoPark.

Anyone care to share any "hidden gems"... hot springs, campgrounds or other lodging within about 200 - 250 miles that you would recommend?

"travel'n" John

Chico Hot Springs, Pray, MT in Paradise Valley about 45 miles north of Gardiner and the north gate of Yellowstone NP. Beautiful setting, good hot spring and an absolutely fantastic restaurant. We spend our anniversary there every April and ride in Yellowstone before the mobs arrive. After Chico you can ride to GF on Hwy 89 the entire way, 187 miles. A great ride through some high valleys and the Little Belt Mountains.

Chico is not cheap and you will need reservations.

Last edited:
Chico Hot Springs, Pray, MT in Paradise Valley about 45 miles north of Gardiner and the north gate of Yellowstone NP. Beautiful setting, good hot spring and an absolutely fantastic restaurant. We spend our anniversary there every April and ride in Yellowstone before the mobs arrive. After Chico you can ride to GF on Hwy 89 the entire way, 187 miles. A great ride through some high valleys and the Little Belt Mountains.

Chico is not cheap and you will need reservations.

+1 on Chico Hot Springs Resort. It may be a bit more than a motel elsewhere but a LOT less than staying IN Yellowstone or Grand Tetons. Also, that time of year you can land some decent rates in Gardener. (again "decent rates" is relative since you are at the gate or Yellowstone)

Thanks for the recommendations fellows. Chico seems like a good choice if arriving from the south. And a Bozeman area offering by the KOA isn't bad either.

I even stumbled on a "high line" offering just east of Malta, Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs... with campground.

"travel'n" john

I even stumbled on a "high line" offering just east of Malta, Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs... with campground.

My wife and I camped there back in 1984, after a rough day in which a car squeezed us off the road coming into Glasgow, MT—fortunately with no damage to the new bike. It was a very nice hot springs and campground and the hot soak was great. Not so much the local hooligans who pulled the stakes from our tent in the middle of the night. :mad
But yes, a nice place to soak and sleep. Enjoy!

Best,
DeVern

Rally Week... only six months away!

With the Summer Solstice on Saturday, June 20th getting it all started.

That date will coincide with many of us on the road to the National... where will you be?

"travel'n" John

With the Summer Solstice on Saturday, June 20th getting it all started.

That date will coincide with many of us on the road to the National... where will you be?

"travel'n" John

Glenlivet and will have been on the road for two months by the solstice. On that day we’ll be leaving Lopez Island (San Juans of Washington) headed to the North Cascades

Pete

Back