• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

This site has been reorganized and ruined !!!!!!

Don't forget that he has another post...so that changes the math!! :stick

He was much more "wordy" back in early January 2013...not happy then, either. :dunno

I can't pull up his other post.

But it probably doesn't matter. :D

I can't pull up the other post via his username. His other post was before we switched over to the new forum in early April...for some reason there is a brick wall there for earlier posts. But if you use the google search tool "site:bmwmoa.org xxxx" where xxxx is his username, you can find it.

I'm only testing to see how badly things are ruined on this website (and to see if I can figure out my new SmugMug account - Voni makes it look easy to get lots of pix in the "cloud" - NOTE: this red bike might look like Voni's, but it has WAAAY less sMiles! :) )

enroute to Asheville

set-up tent in field

I think you've got it!

Your bike might be the one in the picture I just sent to the ON with the theme New Bike!

There are unlimited sMiles. Glad to see you're using some.

Voni
sMiling

A big thank you to the staff. After multiple attempts, over an extended period of time I logged back in to find a raft of PMs in my inbox. I had not received any since the upgrade and have many to go back through. I will respond as appropriate. My apologies for delays and again my thanks to the persistent effort of the staff with this item.
:wave

I can't pull up the other post via his username. His other post was before we switched over to the new forum in early April...for some reason there is a brick wall there for earlier posts. But if you use the google search tool "site:bmwmoa.org xxxx" where xxxx is his username, you can find it.

Kurt,

With all due respect for everyone involved, I'm still frustrated that the search function is "non-functional" so many months after conversion.

There is a reason for not working and there is a fix.

Bud -

I agree...but that and many other things are on the list. I reengaged with Jeff this week to see where the "list" I put together was. I'm hoping to get some feedback on that.

I've been getting good search results using google's "site" feature. At least it's a work around.

Has anyone else noticed that when you click on a bookmark for the MOA Forum it sometimes takes up to 60 seconds to load?

Maybe it's just my 'puter......

Ken

Has anyone else noticed that when you click on a bookmark for the MOA Forum it sometimes takes up to 60 seconds to load?

Maybe it's just my 'puter......

Ken

Ken -

It's not you or your computer...it's the site. This has been discussed in threads that have probably rolled over the bottom of the Online Central forum. It's on the list to be "fixed". I've talked to Jeff in the office...I was on the phone with him one day and we both clicked to navigation somewhere on the forum and we both went into the wait mode. We both cleared up at the same time. So he knows it's there.

New first for me . 3 times I had to enter my password etc before I could get into the site.

Maybe my 36473 # is too high and I am no longer one of the 'in' crowd???

I almost dropped out 10 years ago when my mileage contest info started showing up in the wrong state and after a few requests was never fixed. Stopped doing the mileage contest even tho I would have been first a lot of times.

Is it a system glitch that is causing the login delays??

lvermiere -

I'm not sure exactly what the problems are...it's above my pay grade!! Having to login in most times and delays in access the site (on occasion) are known problems and (hopefully!) will be solved. You shouldn't have to relogin in to the forum....I logged in once and have remained logged in since April. However, it appears you do have to frequently login to the MOA homepage or the Flea Market. Many people bookmark the homepage and then come to the forum. If you don't really need to visit the homepage, bookmark the forum instead...shouldn't have to relogin.

New first for me . 3 times I had to enter my password etc before I could get into the site.
Maybe my 36473 # is too high and I am no longer one of the 'in' crowd???
I almost dropped out 10 years ago when my mileage contest info started showing up in the wrong state and after a few requests was never fixed. Stopped doing the mileage contest even tho I would have been first a lot of times.
Is it a system glitch that is causing the login delays??

There had been a discussion back whenever about dumping old "cookies". That seemed to fix that issue w/ many a folk. Including me. On all my browsers.
Just an FYI.

OK , got it.

I am an old cookie that had to be dropped.

Now what? Are the same practices going to be the same?

Back